0 packages after repo sync

Problem:
i have a fresh installed foreman 2.0 system(without puppet)

created product, rpm and repo with hammer:
wget http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-7
hammer gpg create --key RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-7 --name CentOS_7_GPG
hammer product create --name “CentOS7” --label “CentOS_7” --description “CentOS 7 Product”
hammer repository create --name extras_x86_64 --label extras_x86_64 --content-type yum --url http://ftp.uni-stuttgart.de/centos/7/extras/x86_64/ --download-policy immediate --gpg-key CentOS_7_GPG --product CentOS7
hammer repository synchronize --product CentOS7 --id 1 --async

This download the packages but after sync only repodata is available under published folder but 0 packages.
Seems problem is in publishing the rpm’s!?
Any hints?

Expected outcome:
packages should be in the repository

Foreman and Proxy versions:
foreman 2.0
Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Distribution and version:
centos 7.7

Other relevant data:

Hi,

what exactly have you installed?
Since you are talking about repo management, I assume you have some sort of Katello setup?
With Foreman 2.0, the apropriate Katello version would be 3.15, which is still in RC state.
Also, where did you look for the RPMs exactly? the published directory is quite a vast space to be honest.
You might want to check if all your services are running, though. foreman-maintain service status should show you the state of all the foreman-related services. I could imagine there might be a problem with one of the pulp related things if your repos are not published correctly, but this is a wild guess.

Regards

1 Like

Hi,
thanks for the awnser!
We use now foreman 1.24 with katello 3.14…there the import works fine.

what do you mean with?:

the published directory is quite a vast space to be honest.

We take the rpms from an official centos mirror simply imported via sync.

Is this not the optimal way?

BR
Thomas

Hi,

I was referring to this part of your original post:

My question was a little unspecific to be honest :wink: I wanted to know where exactly you looked to get that information.

I did a somewhat lengthy writeup of how the different mechanisms/parts of downloading and managing repos are intended to be used here. You should be able to simply sync the packages and directly use them from there, though. It is not the “usual” setup (and Katello might be a little overkill for that task), but it should still work.

Regards

1 Like

Did the sync task (under monitor > tasks) show any errors?

Hi,

in the meantime we decided to go on with foreman 1.24/katello 3.14 as it seems more stable at the moment.
However your post sounds very interessting and we should take care about this when comming to foreman administration design questions.

Thanks a lot
Thomas