500 error trying to delete a host

Well messing around with the pxe template being used by a host with
tokens enabled might have caused an issue.

I attempted to change the URL from the hardcoded form to the foreman_url
function (BTW thanks Greg for the suggestion), but changing that didn't
make the token string appear. Then I tried to put the old URL back with
the host.token function, which caused the token string to show up blank
in the preview. So I decided to delete the host and try again (worked
the first time I changed to using host.token), but now Foreman is giving
me a 500 error and doesn't remove the host:

Started DELETE "/hosts/wcse-esx93.dealer.ddc" for 10.128.208.63 at
2013-11-13 17:09:12 +0000
Processing by HostsController#destroy as HTML
Parameters:
{"authenticity_token"=>"J4JQ5A8T8EAbOWanp24FnaVm/B7WRx8CXx5oidFtm6A=",
"id"=>"wcse-esx93.dealer.ddc"}
Operation FAILED: ERROR: update or delete on table "hosts" violates
foreign key constraint "tokens_host_id_fk" on table "tokens"
DETAIL: Key (id)=(131) is still referenced from table "tokens".

Rendered common/500.html.erb within layouts/application (7.6ms)
Completed 500 Internal Server Error in 422ms (Views: 14.3ms |
ActiveRecord: 27.7ms)

Full trace:

PGError
ERROR: update or delete on table "hosts" violates foreign key constraint
"tokens_host_id_fk" on table "tokens" DETAIL: Key (id)=(131) is still
referenced from table "tokens".
app/controllers/hosts_controller.rb:120:in destroy' app/models/concerns/foreman/thread_session.rb:33:inclear_thread'

Thoughts?

··· -- _____________________ Phil Gardner PGP Key ID 0xFECC890C OTR Fingerprint 6707E9B8 BD6062D3 5010FE8B 36D614E3 D2F80538

OK, I got around this by canceling the build process and "unmanaging"
the host. It then let me delete the system without issue. Sorry for the
noise.

··· On 11/13/2013 12:19 PM, Phil Gardner wrote: > Well messing around with the pxe template being used by a host with > tokens enabled might have caused an issue. > > I attempted to change the URL from the hardcoded form to the foreman_url > function (BTW thanks Greg for the suggestion), but changing that didn't > make the token string appear. Then I tried to put the old URL back with > the host.token function, which caused the token string to show up blank > in the preview. So I decided to delete the host and try again (worked > the first time I changed to using host.token), but now Foreman is giving > me a 500 error and doesn't remove the host: > > > Started DELETE "/hosts/wcse-esx93.dealer.ddc" for 10.128.208.63 at > 2013-11-13 17:09:12 +0000 > Processing by HostsController#destroy as HTML > Parameters: > {"authenticity_token"=>"J4JQ5A8T8EAbOWanp24FnaVm/B7WRx8CXx5oidFtm6A=", > "id"=>"wcse-esx93.dealer.ddc"} > Operation FAILED: ERROR: update or delete on table "hosts" violates > foreign key constraint "tokens_host_id_fk" on table "tokens" > DETAIL: Key (id)=(131) is still referenced from table "tokens". > > Rendered common/500.html.erb within layouts/application (7.6ms) > Completed 500 Internal Server Error in 422ms (Views: 14.3ms | > ActiveRecord: 27.7ms) > > > Full trace: > > PGError > ERROR: update or delete on table "hosts" violates foreign key constraint > "tokens_host_id_fk" on table "tokens" DETAIL: Key (id)=(131) is still > referenced from table "tokens". > app/controllers/hosts_controller.rb:120:in `destroy' > app/models/concerns/foreman/thread_session.rb:33:in `clear_thread' > > Thoughts?

Phil Gardner
PGP Key ID 0xFECC890C
OTR Fingerprint 6707E9B8 BD6062D3 5010FE8B 36D614E3 D2F80538

> Well messing around with the pxe template being used by a host with tokens
> enabled might have caused an issue.
>
> I attempted to change the URL from the hardcoded form to the foreman_url
> function (BTW thanks Greg for the suggestion), but changing that didn't make
> the token string appear. Then I tried to put the old URL back with the
> host.token function, which caused the token string to show up blank in the
> preview. So I decided to delete the host and try again (worked the first
> time I changed to using host.token), but now Foreman is giving me a 500
> error and doesn't remove the host:
>
>
> Started DELETE "/hosts/wcse-esx93.dealer.ddc" for 10.128.208.63 at
> 2013-11-13 17:09:12 +0000
> Processing by HostsController#destroy as HTML
> Parameters:
> {"authenticity_token"=>"J4JQ5A8T8EAbOWanp24FnaVm/B7WRx8CXx5oidFtm6A=",
> "id"=>"wcse-esx93.dealer.ddc"}
> Operation FAILED: ERROR: update or delete on table "hosts" violates foreign
> key constraint "tokens_host_id_fk" on table "tokens"
> DETAIL: Key (id)=(131) is still referenced from table "tokens".
>
> Rendered common/500.html.erb within layouts/application (7.6ms)
> Completed 500 Internal Server Error in 422ms (Views: 14.3ms | ActiveRecord:
> 27.7ms)
>
>
> Full trace:
>
> PGError
> ERROR: update or delete on table "hosts" violates foreign key constraint
> "tokens_host_id_fk" on table "tokens" DETAIL: Key (id)=(131) is still
> referenced from table "tokens".
> app/controllers/hosts_controller.rb:120:in destroy' > app/models/concerns/foreman/thread_session.rb:33:inclear_thread'
>
> Thoughts?

If you take the system out of build mode, can you delete it?

sounds like a bug to me, that until build mode is toggled, the token
does not get deleted.

Ohad

··· On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 7:19 PM, Phil Gardner wrote: > -- > _____________________ > Phil Gardner > PGP Key ID 0xFECC890C > OTR Fingerprint 6707E9B8 BD6062D3 5010FE8B 36D614E3 D2F80538 > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "Foreman users" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to foreman-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > To post to this group, send email to foreman-users@googlegroups.com. > Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Thats exactly what I ended up doing. Stupid thunderbird not syncing all
of my folders. Sorry for missing your reply :slight_smile:

··· On 11/13/2013 12:31 PM, Ohad Levy wrote: > On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 7:19 PM, Phil Gardner wrote: >> Well messing around with the pxe template being used by a host with tokens >> enabled might have caused an issue. >> >> I attempted to change the URL from the hardcoded form to the foreman_url >> function (BTW thanks Greg for the suggestion), but changing that didn't make >> the token string appear. Then I tried to put the old URL back with the >> host.token function, which caused the token string to show up blank in the >> preview. So I decided to delete the host and try again (worked the first >> time I changed to using host.token), but now Foreman is giving me a 500 >> error and doesn't remove the host: >> >> >> Started DELETE "/hosts/wcse-esx93.dealer.ddc" for 10.128.208.63 at >> 2013-11-13 17:09:12 +0000 >> Processing by HostsController#destroy as HTML >> Parameters: >> {"authenticity_token"=>"J4JQ5A8T8EAbOWanp24FnaVm/B7WRx8CXx5oidFtm6A=", >> "id"=>"wcse-esx93.dealer.ddc"} >> Operation FAILED: ERROR: update or delete on table "hosts" violates foreign >> key constraint "tokens_host_id_fk" on table "tokens" >> DETAIL: Key (id)=(131) is still referenced from table "tokens". >> >> Rendered common/500.html.erb within layouts/application (7.6ms) >> Completed 500 Internal Server Error in 422ms (Views: 14.3ms | ActiveRecord: >> 27.7ms) >> >> >> Full trace: >> >> PGError >> ERROR: update or delete on table "hosts" violates foreign key constraint >> "tokens_host_id_fk" on table "tokens" DETAIL: Key (id)=(131) is still >> referenced from table "tokens". >> app/controllers/hosts_controller.rb:120:in `destroy' >> app/models/concerns/foreman/thread_session.rb:33:in `clear_thread' >> >> Thoughts? > > If you take the system out of build mode, can you delete it? > > sounds like a bug to me, that until build mode is toggled, the token > does not get deleted. > > Ohad

Phil Gardner
PGP Key ID 0xFECC890C
OTR Fingerprint 6707E9B8 BD6062D3 5010FE8B 36D614E3 D2F80538

This is a known issue (Bug #3468: host deletion fails when token exists - Foreman) which
I'm currently working on fixing. Hope to have a patch by the end of the
week :slight_smile:

Greg

··· On 13 November 2013 17:35, Phil Gardner wrote:

PGError

ERROR: update or delete on table “hosts” violates foreign key constraint
"tokens_host_id_fk" on table “tokens” DETAIL: Key (id)=(131) is still
referenced from table “tokens”.
app/controllers/hosts_controller.rb:120:in destroy' app/models/concerns/foreman/thread_session.rb:33:inclear_thread`