Active Directory connection

Hi! I'm having a problem with the Active Directory connection, the test is
working but the user also gives me invalid user and password, I have
searched all the docs but I don't find help, where can I search for help? I
have a question about this, foreman search all across the AD for the user?
or only at the baseDN? Where are the logs of the active directory
connection?

Thanks in advance

Hi there

The configuration for active directory in foreman must be the same as
katello i user the following

Account

DOMAIN\username
Base DN CN=Users,DC=example,DC=COM
Groups base DN CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com
Login name attribute userPrincipalName
First name attribute givenName
Surname attribute sn
Email address attribute mail mail

Let me know if you have any issues
Kind Regards
Mario Gamboa

··· On Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 2:30:57 PM UTC+2, Xabi Martí wrote: > > Hi! I'm having a problem with the Active Directory connection, the test is > working but the user also gives me invalid user and password, I have > searched all the docs but I don't find help, where can I search for help? > I have a question about this, foreman search all across the AD for the > user? or only at the baseDN? Where are the logs of the active directory > connection? > > Thanks in advance >

It was so simple! It works now!!! I was using as Login name attribute the
SAMAccount field.

Thanks

··· El sábado, 27 de mayo de 2017, 3:37:58 (UTC+2), Mario Gamboa escribió: > > Hi there > > The configuration for active directory in foreman must be the same as > katello i user the following > > Account > > DOMAIN\username > Base DN CN=Users,DC=example,DC=COM > Groups base DN CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com > Login name attribute userPrincipalName > First name attribute givenName > Surname attribute sn > Email address attribute mail mail > > Let me know if you have any issues > Kind Regards > Mario Gamboa > > On Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 2:30:57 PM UTC+2, Xabi Martí wrote: >> >> Hi! I'm having a problem with the Active Directory connection, the test >> is working but the user also gives me invalid user and password, I have >> searched all the docs but I don't find help, where can I search for help? >> I have a question about this, foreman search all across the AD for the >> user? or only at the baseDN? Where are the logs of the active directory >> connection? >> >> Thanks in advance >> >