Add recipe/class to multiple systems

I know there is a way to change the Hostgroup for multiple systems
from the "Host" section in the dropdown. I do not see a similar way
to add a recipe/class to multiple systems. Is there some other way to
do this? Would a feature request to have added to the dropdown to do
this be feasible (if so I can create one!)?

Thanks,
Jake

> I know there is a way to change the Hostgroup for multiple systems
> from the "Host" section in the dropdown. I do not see a similar way
> to add a recipe/class to multiple systems. Is there some other way to
> do this? Would a feature request to have added to the dropdown to do
> this be feasible (if so I can create one!)?

Could the hosts in question not be in a host group thesleves or a parent host group so you can add the class to the hostgroup.

··· On 23 Feb 2012, at 20:00, "jmccann" wrote: > > Thanks, > Jake > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Foreman users" group. > To post to this group, send email to foreman-users@googlegroups.com. > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to foreman-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users?hl=en. >

Basically I have a hostgroup already defined to it (them) but want to
add an "addon" to with additional software to these specific systems
(not all systems with the hostgroup).

I know I can create a hostgroup that inherits another hostgroup, but
then I'm basically running into hostgroups x "addons" = total
hostgroups and the list gets pretty long.

Thanks for the response!

··· On Feb 23, 1:40 pm, Steve Traylen wrote: > On 23 Feb 2012, at 20:00, "jmccann" wrote: > > > I know there is a way to change the Hostgroup for multiple systems > > from the "Host" section in the dropdown. I do not see a similar way > > to add a recipe/class to multiple systems. Is there some other way to > > do this? Would a feature request to have added to the dropdown to do > > this be feasible (if so I can create one!)? > > Could the hosts in question not be in a host group thesleves or a parent host group so you can add the class to the hostgroup. > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks, > > Jake > > > -- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Foreman users" group. > > To post to this group, send email to foreman-users@googlegroups.com. > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to foreman-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > > For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users?hl=en.