Anyone using the pcfens/ca_cert module from the puppet forge on Foreman?

Hello List,
I'm new to Foreman and also Puppet so this is very new to me.I have red
allot online, watched some videos and do have the NTP and OpenLDAP modules
configured and working.

I'm now trying to get a trusted CA cert installed on some Ubuntu systems
and I'm having some issues getting the "ca_certs" defined. When I try to
run the puppet agent on the host I'm getting "can't convert string to Hash"?

I I have the Smart Class Parameter "ca certs" Override as "Key Type" Hash
and the "Default value" source: "puppet:///modules/ca_cert/mycert.crt" .

Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks,
Ralph

Looking at the module, the "ca_certs" smart param is being used by the
"create_resources" function, you must have a title set.
An example that you can put in the hash value in Foreman:
default:
source: "puppet:///modules/ca_cert/mycert.crt"

··· On Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 11:07:04 PM UTC+2, Ralph Crongeyer wrote: > > Hello List, > I'm new to Foreman and also Puppet so this is very new to me.I have red > allot online, watched some videos and do have the NTP and OpenLDAP modules > configured and working. > > I'm now trying to get a trusted CA cert installed on some Ubuntu systems > and I'm having some issues getting the "ca_certs" defined. When I try to > run the puppet agent on the host I'm getting "can't convert string to Hash"? > > I I have the Smart Class Parameter "ca certs" Override as "Key Type" Hash > and the "Default value" source: "puppet:///modules/ca_cert/mycert.crt" . > > Can somebody help me with this? > > Thanks, > Ralph >

Thanks for the reply Erez.
Where do I set the title in Foreman? I'm not seeing anything named "title"
in any of the Smart Class Parameters?

Thanks again for your help with this.

Ralph

··· On Friday, December 23, 2016 at 8:04:32 AM UTC-5, Erez Zarum wrote: > > Looking at the module, the "ca_certs" smart param is being used by the > "create_resources" function, you must have a title set. > An example that you can put in the hash value in Foreman: > default: > source: "puppet:///modules/ca_cert/mycert.crt" > > > On Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 11:07:04 PM UTC+2, Ralph Crongeyer > wrote: >> >> Hello List, >> I'm new to Foreman and also Puppet so this is very new to me.I have red >> allot online, watched some videos and do have the NTP and OpenLDAP modules >> configured and working. >> >> I'm now trying to get a trusted CA cert installed on some Ubuntu systems >> and I'm having some issues getting the "ca_certs" defined. When I try to >> run the puppet agent on the host I'm getting "can't convert string to Hash"? >> >> I I have the Smart Class Parameter "ca certs" Override as "Key Type" Hash >> and the "Default value" source: "puppet:///modules/ca_cert/mycert.crt" . >> >> Can somebody help me with this? >> >> Thanks, >> Ralph >> >

Hey Ralph,
Please read
this: Instantiate Puppet resources - Foreman

Erez.

··· On Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 4:03:06 PM UTC+2, Ralph Crongeyer wrote: > > Thanks for the reply Erez. > Where do I set the title in Foreman? I'm not seeing anything named "title" > in any of the Smart Class Parameters? > > Thanks again for your help with this. > > Ralph > > On Friday, December 23, 2016 at 8:04:32 AM UTC-5, Erez Zarum wrote: >> >> Looking at the module, the "ca_certs" smart param is being used by the >> "create_resources" function, you must have a title set. >> An example that you can put in the hash value in Foreman: >> default: >> source: "puppet:///modules/ca_cert/mycert.crt" >> >> >> On Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 11:07:04 PM UTC+2, Ralph Crongeyer >> wrote: >>> >>> Hello List, >>> I'm new to Foreman and also Puppet so this is very new to me.I have red >>> allot online, watched some videos and do have the NTP and OpenLDAP modules >>> configured and working. >>> >>> I'm now trying to get a trusted CA cert installed on some Ubuntu systems >>> and I'm having some issues getting the "ca_certs" defined. When I try to >>> run the puppet agent on the host I'm getting "can't convert string to Hash"? >>> >>> I I have the Smart Class Parameter "ca certs" Override as "Key Type" >>> Hash and the "Default value" source: "puppet:///modules/ca_cert/mycert.crt" >>> . >>> >>> Can somebody help me with this? >>> >>> Thanks, >>> Ralph >>> >>

Hello,
Can someone explain how exactly I can add root certificate to managed servers?
I am also new to Puppet and Foreman and I can not figure out how to do it.
Best solution would be via ‘ca_text’ parameter from ca_cert::ca or any other Puppet module.
Thanks