I'm using 1.5, from the quickstart guide, and set up foreman to do DHCP and
(I think) auto-discovery.

When I power up a node (HP DL360), it successfully gets an IP address, and
looks like it successfully gets the following files from TFTP (diagnosed
from /var/log/messages and tcpdump):

pxelinux.0
pxelinux.cfg/default
menu.c32
pxelinux.cfg/default (Yes, it looks like it downloads this twice)

On the iLO console, I see it come up with the '(local)' menu, but when it
proceeds (either from timing out, or if I hit enter), it shows:

Booting from local disk…

PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent.
…and hangs there. There are no further messages on the console, and I
never see the host come up in the foreman "hosts" tab.

I tried copying the pxelinux.0 file from a known good source, but that
didn't help.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Apologies. I assumed the discovery part was built-in, given some of the
videos I had watched.

I'm in the process of installing the plugin now. Will update if I have
trouble I can't solve.

··· On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 10:57:49 AM UTC-7, John Hazen wrote: > > I'm using 1.5, from the quickstart guide, and set up foreman to do DHCP > and (I think) auto-discovery. > > When I power up a node (HP DL360), it successfully gets an IP address, and > looks like it successfully gets the following files from TFTP (diagnosed > from /var/log/messages and tcpdump): > > pxelinux.0 > pxelinux.cfg/default > menu.c32 > pxelinux.cfg/default (Yes, it looks like it downloads this twice) > > On the iLO console, I see it come up with the '(local)' menu, but when it > proceeds (either from timing out, or if I hit enter), it shows: > > Booting from local disk... > > PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent. > ...and hangs there. There are no further messages on the console, and I > never see the host come up in the foreman "hosts" tab. > > I tried copying the pxelinux.0 file from a known good source, but that > didn't help. > > Any thoughts? > > Thanks! >

I had problems with PXE and DL 360.
When selecting the boot order to be from the network, the machine was
registering with foreman, geting the iso from the foreman and after it was
deployed, the forman will instruct it to load from disk. In that
transition, the machines always hung. Something related to a memory
corruption.

The solution was to have the machines defaulted to boot from HDD and when
we required to load from PXE, press F12 just for that run.

IB

··· On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 3:29:02 PM UTC-4, John Hazen wrote: > > Apologies. I assumed the discovery part was built-in, given some of the > videos I had watched. > > I'm in the process of installing the plugin now. Will update if I have > trouble I can't solve. > > On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 10:57:49 AM UTC-7, John Hazen wrote: >> >> I'm using 1.5, from the quickstart guide, and set up foreman to do DHCP >> and (I think) auto-discovery. >> >> When I power up a node (HP DL360), it successfully gets an IP address, >> and looks like it successfully gets the following files from TFTP >> (diagnosed from /var/log/messages and tcpdump): >> >> pxelinux.0 >> pxelinux.cfg/default >> menu.c32 >> pxelinux.cfg/default (Yes, it looks like it downloads this twice) >> >> On the iLO console, I see it come up with the '(local)' menu, but when it >> proceeds (either from timing out, or if I hit enter), it shows: >> >> Booting from local disk... >> >> PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent. >> ...and hangs there. There are no further messages on the console, and I >> never see the host come up in the foreman "hosts" tab. >> >> I tried copying the pxelinux.0 file from a known good source, but that >> didn't help. >> >> Any thoughts? >> >> Thanks! >> >

Thanks, Ignacio.

My installation now does auto-discovery, but I haven't tried to provision
any machines yet. I'll keep my eye out for this issue.

··· On Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:37:39 AM UTC-7, Ignacio Bravo wrote: > > I had problems with PXE and DL 360. > When selecting the boot order to be from the network, the machine was > registering with foreman, geting the iso from the foreman and after it was > deployed, the forman will instruct it to load from disk. In that > transition, the machines always hung. Something related to a memory > corruption. > > The solution was to have the machines defaulted to boot from HDD and when > we required to load from PXE, press F12 just for that run. > > IB > > > On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 3:29:02 PM UTC-4, John Hazen wrote: >> >> Apologies. I assumed the discovery part was built-in, given some of the >> videos I had watched. >> >> I'm in the process of installing the plugin now. Will update if I have >> trouble I can't solve. >> >> On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 10:57:49 AM UTC-7, John Hazen wrote: >>> >>> I'm using 1.5, from the quickstart guide, and set up foreman to do DHCP >>> and (I think) auto-discovery. >>> >>> When I power up a node (HP DL360), it successfully gets an IP address, >>> and looks like it successfully gets the following files from TFTP >>> (diagnosed from /var/log/messages and tcpdump): >>> >>> pxelinux.0 >>> pxelinux.cfg/default >>> menu.c32 >>> pxelinux.cfg/default (Yes, it looks like it downloads this twice) >>> >>> On the iLO console, I see it come up with the '(local)' menu, but when >>> it proceeds (either from timing out, or if I hit enter), it shows: >>> >>> Booting from local disk... >>> >>> PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent. >>> ...and hangs there. There are no further messages on the console, and I >>> never see the host come up in the foreman "hosts" tab. >>> >>> I tried copying the pxelinux.0 file from a known good source, but that >>> didn't help. >>> >>> Any thoughts? >>> >>> Thanks! >>> >>