Can issue commands via nsupdate locally but not via foreman

The "400 Bad Request" is also seen when Bind is not listening on
localhost/127.0.0.1.
Add "listen-on { 127.0.0.1; };" to the "options" section in Bind.

Foreman proxy does not report this even with Debug logging enabled.

-Ashay

··· On Monday, October 8, 2012 8:38:27 PM UTC-7, Smoratio Alger wrote: > > Hello there - > > My current mini-goal is to create a host in foreman and have it create a > DNS entry via smart proxy, but I'm a bit stuck. Locally on the dns box, I > can successfully issue updates via nsupdate. However, not via foreman. I > have 2 machines involved here: ns1-test (running foreman-proxy) and > foreman-test (foreman 1.0.1). In other words, when I try to submit a host > via foreman, I currently get: "unable to save" "create DNS record for > xxxxxxx.com task failed with the following error: 400 Bad Request" > > I figured, maybe the smart proxy on the dns box is misconfigured but In > /etc/foreman-proxy/settings.yml, "dns" is set to true, and "dns_key" is > pointing to my key in /etc/named. Of course, restarted the foreman-proxy > service afterwards. I currently using the public key, as that was I was > using when testing nsupdate. Tried the private key for funsies, but still > failed. > > Here's some other troubleshooting I've tried so far: > * looked at the /features webpage - it reports that dns is managed > * double check that the dns smart proxy is associated to the domain. > * tcpdump on ns1-test does show packets from foreman-test when you click > submit to add a host > * enabled debugging in foreman's production.rb (seemed to be not much > help, as it seems ruby or RoR layer centric) > > Any tips? I bet it something obvious that I cannot see currently. Oh yes, > by the way, since I'm a first time poster I must announce and remind you > all that Foreman is awesome. > > -sa > >