Can't sync Red Hat repository 'Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Server RPMs x86_64 6Server

Problem:
I’ve tried to sync ‘Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Server RPMs x86_64 6Server’ in Katello but the task repeatedly fails. I’ve tried Advanced Sync, Republish Repository Metadata, Disabling/Re-Enabling the product but I cannot get it to successfully sync.

Any ideas/thoughts?

Error message: the server returns an error
HTTP status code: 502
Response headers: {“date”=>“Tue, 17 Nov 2020 17:21:34 GMT”, “server”=>“Apache”, “content-length”=>“445”, “connection”=>“close”, “content-type”=>“text/html; charset=iso-8859-1”}
Response body:

502 Proxy Error

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /pulp/api/v3/content/rpm/packages/.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/y0JdCBr.png

Dynflow Console:
PulpRpmClient::ApiError

Error message: the server returns an error HTTP status code: 502 Response headers: {“date”=>“Tue, 17 Nov 2020 17:21:34 GMT”, “server”=>“Apache”, “content-length”=>“445”, “connection”=>“close”, “content-type”=>“text/html; charset=iso-8859-1”} Response body: 502 Proxy Error

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /pulp/api/v3/content/rpm/packages/.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

RHEL 7.9
Katello 3.18-rc1
Foreman 2.3.0-rc1
Pulp-server-2.21.4-2

Did you identify a resolution for this issue?
I am seeing the same error on my Oracle and CentOS content views. I am also using Katello 3.18.

This might be related to that EL6 has reached EOL. Good chance that the repo’s moved to archives instead. I think you should check the repo’s source URLs and update them accordingly. I think I read somewhere that CentOS moved all EL6 content to a different server.

I do not have any EL 6 repos in my Katello, only CentOS 7 and Oracle 7.

The Products and Repos do not have any issue syncing. I only encounter issues when publishing or promoting a Content Version.

I deployed this instance early-ish December with Katello 3.18. The initial creation of the Content View did not have any issues. I did additional Versions mid and late December, and I have had the issues on the existing Content Views since then. Additionally, I also have tried creating new Content Views, however, they receive the same error, so I can not identify a workaround at this time.

My Content Views typically have 6 or more Repos, so I tried creating Content Views with only 1 repo, but I still encountered the same issue.

Error from Task:

Error message: the server returns an error
HTTP status code: 502
Response headers: {“date”=>“Mon, 11 Jan 2021 21:14:55 GMT”, “server”=>“Apache”, “content-length”=>“445”, “connection”=>“close”, “content-type”=>“text/html; charset=iso-8859-1”}
Response body:
<html>
<title>502 Proxy Error
</head>
<h1>Proxy Error
<p>The proxy server received an invalid

response from an upstream server.

Reason: <strong>Error reading from remote server

Screenshot of same error since the Error message did not paste correctly in previous message:

Upon reviewing the OP, my issue does not appear to be the same issue.

So I have created a new Topic here: