Centered menu text bug

Hey,

is it just me who don’t like the main menu text being centered? Since it’s on the left side, left-edge alignment (probably not the right term - the old style) looks better.

Also, I noticed that there is some slow rendering of fonts - menu appears and then after half a second, the font changes to something else. Can we do something about it? It’s disturbing.

Thanks!

can you paste an image? I’m not sure which text you refer to?

1 Like

Sure good idea. Actually this is more dynamic that I thought, so here is a video:

My observation - this has something to do with “Something got wrong” on my Host status widget, that text is also centered. After few more seconds the error disappears, looks like widget is refreshed and menu is then re-rendered correctly.

Root cause is that for some reason, ActiveRecord can’t acquire connection. I have standard dev setup with sqlite3, not sure what’s wrong there. But this is not important, this is about the UX bug.

ActiveRecord::ConnectionTimeoutError (could not obtain a connection from the pool within 5.000 seconds (waited 5.000 seconds); all pooled connections were in use):

I thought we have changed the menu in a way that it loads slowly and I did no like the styling, but now I see it’s only a bug. What a relief :slight_smile:

1 Like

Reported as:

http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/23496

Thanks for looking at this. It should not be centered.