used to test unattended installations with 800 MB, but now this fails
randomly ("pane is dead" or random freeze) and I need to create at
least 1.1 GB.

Anyone have similar experiences?

··· -- Later, Lukas @lzap Zapletal

I get pane is dead sometimes with VMs that have 2Mb or more Ram. I have
fixed it by completely wiping the underlying storage - somehow anaconda
appeared to care about what was on the drive, despite installs being a
"clearpart --all". I didn't think it was a Ram based issue.

My storage here is using LVs assigned to each VM.

··· On Friday, 13 January 2017 09:25:36 UTC, Lukas Zapletal wrote: > > Hello, > > I noticed that CentOS 7.3 Anaconda requires more memory than 7.2. I > used to test unattended installations with 800 MB, but now this fails > randomly ("pane is dead" or random freeze) and I need to create at > least 1.1 GB. > > Anyone have similar experiences? > > -- > Later, > Lukas @lzap Zapletal >

Yeah, same here. Situation is worse here since I can't go to 1.1 but
need to up it to 2G and need to pay for it :frowning:
Lots of work to put it back to 1G after install.
Searched a bit and found some references to Fedora24(?) and the cleaning
up of stage2 which seems responsible for this.

Joop

··· On 13-1-2017 10:25, Lukas Zapletal wrote: > Hello, > > I noticed that CentOS 7.3 Anaconda requires more memory than 7.2. I > used to test unattended installations with 800 MB, but now this fails > randomly ("pane is dead" or random freeze) and I need to create at > least 1.1 GB. > > Anyone have similar experiences? >

Do you run puppet during the installation? I have this impression that
it could be something in EPEL7 that got bumped and it's now more
memory demanding.

LZ

··· On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 9:09 AM, jvandewege wrote: > On 13-1-2017 10:25, Lukas Zapletal wrote: >> Hello, >> >> I noticed that CentOS 7.3 Anaconda requires more memory than 7.2. I >> used to test unattended installations with 800 MB, but now this fails >> randomly ("pane is dead" or random freeze) and I need to create at >> least 1.1 GB. >> >> Anyone have similar experiences? >> > Yeah, same here. Situation is worse here since I can't go to 1.1 but > need to up it to 2G and need to pay for it :-( > Lots of work to put it back to 1G after install. > Searched a bit and found some references to Fedora24(?) and the cleaning > up of stage2 which seems responsible for this. > > Joop > > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Foreman users" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to foreman-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > To post to this group, send email to foreman-users@googlegroups.com. > Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Later,
Lukas @lzap Zapletal

Yes I do run puppet but anaconda crashes in the beginning so I don't see
what influence the puppet installation has on that.

Joop

··· On 17-1-2017 16:12, Lukas Zapletal wrote: > Do you run puppet during the installation? I have this impression that > it could be something in EPEL7 that got bumped and it's now more > memory demanding. > >