Changing PR processor introduction text

Hey,

I would like to propose a change of our PR processor to better handle
some things which we see often:

• empty description
  • splitting huge PRs into smaller ones
  • screenshots for UX changes

Any ideas for other things we should point out? Comments?

··· -- Later, Lukas @lzap Zapletal

… do you just want to print some general hints for users for every new PR?
Or actively check that and automatically complain on every push?
I think prprocessor is already too chatty for my taste.
Maybe a Github PR Template could help as an alternative?

Timo

··· > On 31. Aug 2017, at 10:22, Lukas Zapletal wrote: > > Hey, > > I would like to propose a change of our PR processor to better handle > some things which we see often: > > - empty description > - splitting huge PRs into smaller ones > - screenshots for UX changes > > Any ideas for other things we should point out? Comments? > > -- > Later, > Lukas @lzap Zapletal > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "foreman-dev" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to foreman-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

That's actually very good idea, because processor only comments when
there is an issue and these are generic recommendation.

Greg, do you want to write down some nice proposal for such a template?

LZ

··· On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 10:32 AM, Timo Goebel wrote: > ... do you just want to print some general hints for users for every new PR? > Or actively check that and automatically complain on every push? > I think prprocessor is already too chatty for my taste. > Maybe a Github PR Template could help as an alternative? > > Timo > >> On 31. Aug 2017, at 10:22, Lukas Zapletal wrote: >> >> Hey, >> >> I would like to propose a change of our PR processor to better handle >> some things which we see often: >> >> - empty description >> - splitting huge PRs into smaller ones >> - screenshots for UX changes >> >> Any ideas for other things we should point out? Comments? >> >> -- >> Later, >> Lukas @lzap Zapletal >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "foreman-dev" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to foreman-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "foreman-dev" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to foreman-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Later,
Lukas @lzap Zapletal

Yes I can do that. I'll add it to my list, thanks for the idea.

Side note, why are you CC'ing me? I'm on this list anyway :smiley:

Greg

··· On Thu, 2017-08-31 at 13:55 +0200, Lukas Zapletal wrote: > That's actually very good idea, because processor only comments when > there is an issue and these are generic recommendation. > > Greg, do you want to write down some nice proposal for such a > template?

I was just trying to bring your attention. With amounts of lists I
read everyday, this helps me (I actually have a filter that will
colorize the thread for me).

LZ

··· On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 1:46 PM, Greg Sutcliffe wrote: > On Thu, 2017-08-31 at 13:55 +0200, Lukas Zapletal wrote: >> That's actually very good idea, because processor only comments when >> there is an issue and these are generic recommendation. >> >> Greg, do you want to write down some nice proposal for such a >> template? > > Yes I can do that. I'll add it to my list, thanks for the idea. > > Side note, why are you CC'ing me? I'm on this list anyway :D > > Greg > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "foreman-dev" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to foreman-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Later,
Lukas @lzap Zapletal

> I was just trying to bring your attention. With amounts of lists I
> read everyday, this helps me (I actually have a filter that will
> colorize the thread for me).

Since we are already off-topic here, +1 on /cc for folks that needs special
attention on the thread, despite they are on the list.

– Ivan

··· On Mon, 4 Sep 2017 at 09:41, Lukas Zapletal wrote:

LZ

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 1:46 PM, Greg Sutcliffe greg.sutcliffe@gmail.com > wrote:

On Thu, 2017-08-31 at 13:55 +0200, Lukas Zapletal wrote:

That’s actually very good idea, because processor only comments when
there is an issue and these are generic recommendation.

Greg, do you want to write down some nice proposal for such a
template?

Yes I can do that. I’ll add it to my list, thanks for the idea.

Side note, why are you CC’ing me? I’m on this list anyway :smiley:

Greg

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “foreman-dev” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to foreman-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Later,
Lukas @lzap Zapletal

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"foreman-dev" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to foreman-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Well, fair enough. I read everything on -dev anyway, but thats not true
of other lists :wink:

Greg

··· On Mon, 2017-09-04 at 07:51 +0000, Ivan Necas wrote: > > On Mon, 4 Sep 2017 at 09:41, Lukas Zapletal wrote: > > I was just trying to bring your attention. With amounts of lists I > > read everyday, this helps me (I actually have a filter that will > > colorize the thread for me). > > Since we are already off-topic here, +1 on /cc for folks that needs > special attention on the thread, despite they are on the list