Client fails to download the package

Client is failing to download this particular kernel package from Katello UEK 5 repository. I have no issue with downloading other packages from other repositories. I have tried different options like resyncing the repository and creating new content views. Also have cleared the cache from proxy .

o Presto metadata available for tkc-holdings_oel_oel7_uek5_latest
kernel-uek-4.14.35-1902.8.4.el FAILED
https://om1mmgplcap0001/pulp/repos/tkc-holdings/pnp-nonproduction/o7stable-uek/custom/oel/oel7_uek5_latest/kernel-uek-4.14.35-1902.8.4.el7uek.x86_64.rpm: [Errno -1] Package does not match intended download. Suggestion: run yum --enablerepo=oel_oel7_uek5_latest clean metadata
Trying other mirror.

Foreman and Proxy versions: 1.13.4

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions: 3.2.1

Hi,

first off, this is usually a problem with the upstream repository. The Package does not match intended download message indicates a checksum problem with the repository you’re trying to sync. The downloaded package does not match the checksum from the metadata for the package, so the download is refused.
Secondly, the Versions of Foreman and Katello you are running are really old, several years by now. You should definitely consider upgrading asap, since a lot of bugs have been fixed since then and support for ancient versions is somewhat hard to get if you hit a real bug. Probably, no one will have a version anywhere near that to even reproduce your issues.

Regards

2 Likes

I just saw your other post regarding updating, so I assume you already have figured out that is necessary, so consider that comment obsolete :wink:

sorry forgot to respond back on this, yes it was the issue with checksum and package somehow did not match…was able to resolve by syncing again.