Install Debian(stretch) using foreman from local katello repo doesn’t work
Install Debian(stretch) using foreman from local katello repo
Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:
Distribution and version:
Other relevant data:
Trying to get the PXE Installation of debian Stretch using a local Katello Repo in Foreman working i stumbled about the following problems:
- Release File in debian/dists/stretch/main/binary-amd64/ missing
- debian/dists/stretch/main/Release.gpg missing
- Release File in debian/dists/stretch/main doesn’t have the correct signature and is not the original one from ftp.debian.org
- debian/dists/stretch/main/debian-installer directory completely missing
- directory structure under pool/main/ missing. all packages are directly in this directy
- after loading debian/dists/stretch/main/Release during PXE Install the file debian/dists/stretch/main/binary-amd64/Release is requested. i could download this file and found the right place to manually put it in and make it available
- after working through 1. the installer fails to check debian/dists/stretch/main/Release because debian/dists/stretch/main/Release.gpg is missing. once again downloading and putting in the correct directory solved the problem
- after 2. the installer downloads debian/dists/stretch/main/Release.gpg and the check of debian/dists/stretch/main/Release fails again, because the Release file in Foreman is different than the on ftp.debian.org. manually putting the correct file solved the problem.
- after getting through the GPG Check of the Release file the installer comlains about missing the debian/dists/stretch/main/debian-installer directory and its contents. once again manually download solved the problem.
- this time i’m stuck, because i cant change the whole directory structure in pool/main/. on ftp.debian.org under this directory the packages are in detailed structure. in foreman its a flat structure, where all packages are directly in pool/main/, but installer is looking for the detailed structure.
Has anyone gotten a debian PXE from a local Debian Repo working ? If yes, how ?
Did i miss someting ?
Installation using ftp.debian.org as installation source works fine.
Regarding the local repo, i created one and used ftp.debian.org/debian as source. i successfully synced it and configured it as installation media for the to be installed host.