Debian/Ubuntu in Foreman/Katello - RedHat Summit 2019

I was at RedHat Summit 2019 in Boston 2 weeks ago and saw a full blown Foreman-Katello system managing Ubuntu in the opensource section of the conference. Last week I dug in and researched this but seemed to come to a dead end, with the exception that it appears ATIX has achieved this. Can anyone help point me in the right direction of where this unicorn may be?

best regards,
Drew

1 Like

You might want to attend one of our webinars covering this.

best regards,
Mark

1 Like

The box we demoed at summit was a nightly version of foreman with multiple plugins enabled from about a month ago - which is fairly similar to the upcoming Foreman 1.22/Katello 3.12 release. I don’t recall which specific version deb support has been initially introduced in Katello, but it has been continuously improved every version thanks to the contributions from ATIX developers.

2 Likes

Very excited to get a build of this going for testing and possibly working with ATIX folks. Many thanks to everyone working on this!

1 Like

For the record, provisioning parts of Debian / Ubuntu work from the day one in Foreman, it’s mostly content management and other things which have been greatly improved recently. Good job!