Defalut value of Repository Set in Activation Key

Hi,

the default value of repository sets for a activation key is currently “enabled”. Previously (katello 3.3), this was disabled.

In case the default value is “enabled” and you add a new repository, this repository gets enabled by default in all existing activation key. I don’t think that this should be the case.

Feature or Bug? Is it possible to set the default value back to “disabled”.

Best regards
Bernhard

This sounds like a bug that was introduced in 3.3. As far back as I can remember, custom repositories have always been enabled by default and required manual disabling. This was to ensure the easy path case right out of the gate. One might have to spin up a 3.2 or earlier to confirm whether I am mis-quoting my perception or not.

Now, as to your more general question of “Should repositories be disabled by default” thats a fair question. I assume you’d be limiting this to activation keys only and not auto-disabling repositories for content hosts who subscribe to a content view?

Thought about it again and I’m fine with how it is today. Sorry for this disturbance.

I’m having the same issue. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a repo option to set it’s default status ?

Hello Gauthier,

I’m facing the same issue. Indeed it would be great if there would be an option to set the default status within the repo whether the repo should be as default globally enabled or disabled on the content hosts.

Regards,
Florian