Default hostgroup plugin - default hostgroup based on the installed OS

Hi Greg,

I'm using the default hostgroup plugin that you have created.
In my environment the naming convention for the hosts is: LGXX (where XX =
number)
For example: LG01, LG02
I have two hostgroups that I use: Linux and Windows.
Sometimes the LGs are installed as Linux servers and sometimes as Windows
servers.
Is it possible to set the plugin to assign the default hostgroup based on
the installed OS (based on facts such as osfamily or operatingsystem)?

Thank you in advance,

Royee Tager

The ability to set Hostgroup based on the Facts of a system is an open
PR right now, as it happens. It's just about ready for merge (I just
need to finish testing it), and then I can do a new release.

You can thank @natewalck for the hard work on this feature, since he wrote it :slight_smile:

Watch the mailing lists for an announcement, hopefully this week.

Greg

··· On 9 December 2014 at 06:13, Royee Tager wrote: > Hi Greg, > > I'm using the default hostgroup plugin that you have created. > In my environment the naming convention for the hosts is: LGXX (where XX = > number) > For example: LG01, LG02 > I have two hostgroups that I use: Linux and Windows. > Sometimes the LGs are installed as Linux servers and sometimes as Windows > servers. > Is it possible to set the plugin to assign the default hostgroup based on > the installed OS (based on facts such as osfamily or operatingsystem)?

Thanks guys.
I will follow

בתאריך יום שלישי, 9 בדצמבר 2014 12:27:53 UTC+2, מאת Greg Sutcliffe:

··· > > On 9 December 2014 at 06:13, Royee Tager <roye...@gmail.com > > wrote: > > Hi Greg, > > > > I'm using the default hostgroup plugin that you have created. > > In my environment the naming convention for the hosts is: LGXX (where XX > = > > number) > > For example: LG01, LG02 > > I have two hostgroups that I use: Linux and Windows. > > Sometimes the LGs are installed as Linux servers and sometimes as > Windows > > servers. > > Is it possible to set the plugin to assign the default hostgroup based > on > > the installed OS (based on facts such as osfamily or operatingsystem)? > > The ability to set Hostgroup based on the Facts of a system is an open > PR right now, as it happens. It's just about ready for merge (I just > need to finish testing it), and then I can do a new release. > > You can thank @natewalck for the hard work on this feature, since he wrote > it :) > > Watch the mailing lists for an announcement, hopefully this week. > > Greg >

Guys,

Do you have any updates?
Is it ready?

בתאריך יום שלישי, 9 בדצמבר 2014 15:54:31 UTC+2, מאת Royee Tager:

··· > > Thanks guys. > I will follow > > בתאריך יום שלישי, 9 בדצמבר 2014 12:27:53 UTC+2, מאת Greg Sutcliffe: >> >> On 9 December 2014 at 06:13, Royee Tager wrote: >> > Hi Greg, >> > >> > I'm using the default hostgroup plugin that you have created. >> > In my environment the naming convention for the hosts is: LGXX (where >> XX = >> > number) >> > For example: LG01, LG02 >> > I have two hostgroups that I use: Linux and Windows. >> > Sometimes the LGs are installed as Linux servers and sometimes as >> Windows >> > servers. >> > Is it possible to set the plugin to assign the default hostgroup based >> on >> > the installed OS (based on facts such as osfamily or operatingsystem)? >> >> The ability to set Hostgroup based on the Facts of a system is an open >> PR right now, as it happens. It's just about ready for merge (I just >> need to finish testing it), and then I can do a new release. >> >> You can thank @natewalck for the hard work on this feature, since he >> wrote it :) >> >> Watch the mailing lists for an announcement, hopefully this week. >> >> Greg >> >

Please see https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/foreman-users/47Zsn9netwY

Thanks

בתאריך יום שלישי, 16 בדצמבר 2014 12:37:05 UTC+2, מאת Greg Sutcliffe:

··· > > Please see > https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/foreman-users/47Zsn9netwY >