Encrypted secrets / parameters in the foreman

I was wondering if encrypted secrets/parameters are making it into the 1.7
sprint or if they're already included? I remember and old discussion about
it and seeing it show up in a bug but i lost my link.

AFAIR encrypted secrets are there from 1.5+

LZ

··· -- Later, Lukas #lzap Zapletal

Feature #3378: Support for Encrypted Parameters - Foreman is probably the link (+
related bugs).

1.3 encrypted compute resource passwords in the database, and 1.7 can
hide the value of global (not smart) parameters to in the UI
(#Feature #5926: Hide global parameter values - Foreman). We haven't actually got
all of this working together for encrypted parameters though.

··· On 06/11/14 13:17, Byron Miller wrote: > I was wondering if encrypted secrets/parameters are making it into the > 1.7 sprint or if they're already included? I remember and old discussion > about it and seeing it show up in a bug but i lost my link.

Dominic Cleal
Red Hat Engineering

i'll have to dig around and see how its done then.

··· On Thursday, November 6, 2014 7:55:59 AM UTC-6, Lukas Zapletal wrote: > > AFAIR encrypted secrets are there from 1.5+ > > LZ > > -- > Later, > Lukas #lzap Zapletal >

Is this smart parameters? I believe that's the question. That is, eyaml
equivalent in Foreman.

··· On Thursday, November 6, 2014 at 5:55:59 AM UTC-8, Lukas Zapletal wrote: > > AFAIR encrypted secrets are there from 1.5+ > > LZ > > -- > Later, > Lukas #lzap Zapletal >

Hi There,
I was wondering where we are with encrypted parameters in foreman?
or if we can integrate hiera-eyaml into foreman?

Cheers
Karim

··· On Wednesday, 21 January 2015 12:03:05 UTC, Dominic Cleal wrote: > > On 06/11/14 13:17, Byron Miller wrote: > > I was wondering if encrypted secrets/parameters are making it into the > > 1.7 sprint or if they're already included? I remember and old discussion > > about it and seeing it show up in a bug but i lost my link. > > http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/3378 is probably the link (+ > related bugs). > > 1.3 encrypted compute resource passwords in the database, and 1.7 can > hide the value of global (not smart) parameters to in the UI > (#http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/5926). We haven't actually got > all of this working together for encrypted parameters though. > > -- > Dominic Cleal > Red Hat Engineering >