Error on Server could not find expected ':'

Hi,

I asked this on the puppet-users group before, but did not get an answer…

I am running a Puppet-Master under Foreman with Puppetdb. I am often struck by this error on the agent:

Error: Checksumfile /var/lib/puppet/state/state.yaml is corrupt ((/var/lib/puppet/state/state.yaml): could not find expected ':' while scanning a simple key at line 814 column 3); replacing

Probably it hits a known error https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PUP-684 for overlong Namevars. I have ssh_keys as namevars…
This seems no big deal. The file is recreated and you notice nothing more than the Error notice.

But now I have a similar problem, but from the server in an agent run:

err: Could not send report: Error 400 on SERVER: (<unknown>): could not find expected ':' while scanning a simple key at line 541 column 5

The agent stopped sending reports to the server and I am unsure if it completed the catalog. Is there anything I can do to fix this on the server?

Agent and master run on Debian Wheezy 7.7

If this is really unknown, I guess I will raise bug, but meanwhile, I am looking for sort of a workaround. Any ideas? Is it possible to delete the host in Foreman and just readd it? Would that clear the reports and the error on the server with it?

Thanks in advance, regards

Jochen