Error when running foreman_custom_parameters plugin with foreman 1.3.1

Hi

I'm running foreman 1.3.1 in a test environment (installed with
foreman-installer), with the aim of combining the custom parameters plugin
with the column view plugin. I've installed both from the foreman plugins
repository (alongside the foreman-hooks and foreman-templates) but I seem
to be getting a rails version error. See below

Gem loading error: Unable to activate foreman_custom_parameters-0.0.1,
because rails-3.2.8 conflicts with rails (~> 3.2.13) (RuntimeError)
/opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/bundler_ext-0.3.0/lib/bundler_ext/bundler_ext.rb:30:in
strict_error' /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/bundler_ext-0.3.0/lib/bundler_ext/bundler_ext.rb:56:inrescue in block in system_require'
/opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/bundler_ext-0.3.0/lib/bundler_ext/bundler_ext.rb:37:in
block in system_require' /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/bundler_ext-0.3.0/lib/bundler_ext/bundler_ext.rb:35:ineach'
/opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/bundler_ext-0.3.0/lib/bundler_ext/bundler_ext.rb:35:in
system_require&#39; /usr/share/foreman/config/application.rb:11:in<top (required)>'
/opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/rubygems/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in
require&#39; /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/rubygems/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:inrequire'
/usr/share/foreman/config/environment.rb:2:in &lt;top (required)&gt;&#39; /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/rubygems/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:inrequire'
/opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/rubygems/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in
require&#39; config.ru:3:inblock in <main>'
/opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/rack-1.4.1/lib/rack/builder.rb:51:in
instance_eval&#39; /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/rack-1.4.1/lib/rack/builder.rb:51:ininitialize'
config.ru:1:in new&#39; config.ru:1:in<main>'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-4.0.5/helper-scripts/rack-preloader.rb:82:in
eval&#39; /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-4.0.5/helper-scripts/rack-preloader.rb:82:inpreload_app'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-4.0.5/helper-scripts/rack-preloader.rb:127:in
&lt;module:App&gt;&#39; /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-4.0.5/helper-scripts/rack-preloader.rb:6:in<module:PhusionPassenger>'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-4.0.5/helper-scripts/rack-preloader.rb:5:in
`<main>'

I think 3.2.8 is in your scl. Any suggestion for a way around this?

Thanks,
Charlie

It's a bug that's fixed already in the plugin's gemspec file, but it
needs releasing (Joseph?).

For now you could edit
/opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/specifications/foreman_custom_parameters-0.0.1.gemspec
and remove the rails 3.2.13 dependency lines.

··· On 08/12/13 16:41, Charlie Derwent wrote: > Hi > > I'm running foreman 1.3.1 in a test environment (installed with > foreman-installer), with the aim of combining the custom parameters > plugin with the column view plugin. I've installed both from the foreman > plugins repository (alongside the foreman-hooks and foreman-templates) > but I seem to be getting a rails version error. See below > > > Gem loading error: Unable to activate foreman_custom_parameters-0.0.1, because rails-3.2.8 conflicts with rails (~> 3.2.13) (RuntimeError) > /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/bundler_ext-0.3.0/lib/bundler_ext/bundler_ext.rb:30:in `strict_error' > /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/bundler_ext-0.3.0/lib/bundler_ext/bundler_ext.rb:56:in `rescue in block in system_require' > /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/bundler_ext-0.3.0/lib/bundler_ext/bundler_ext.rb:37:in `block in system_require' > /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/bundler_ext-0.3.0/lib/bundler_ext/bundler_ext.rb:35:in `each' > /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/bundler_ext-0.3.0/lib/bundler_ext/bundler_ext.rb:35:in `system_require' > /usr/share/foreman/config/application.rb:11:in `' > /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/rubygems/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `require' > /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/rubygems/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `require' > /usr/share/foreman/config/environment.rb:2:in `' > /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/rubygems/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `require' > /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/rubygems/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `require' > config.ru:3:in `block in ' > /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/rack-1.4.1/lib/rack/builder.rb:51:in `instance_eval' > /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/rack-1.4.1/lib/rack/builder.rb:51:in `initialize' > config.ru:1:in `new' > config.ru:1:in `' > /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-4.0.5/helper-scripts/rack-preloader.rb:82:in `eval' > /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-4.0.5/helper-scripts/rack-preloader.rb:82:in `preload_app' > /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-4.0.5/helper-scripts/rack-preloader.rb:127:in `' > /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-4.0.5/helper-scripts/rack-preloader.rb:6:in `' > /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-4.0.5/helper-scripts/rack-preloader.rb:5:in `' > > > I think 3.2.8 is in your scl. Any suggestion for a way around this?

Dominic Cleal
Red Hat Engineering