F19 (soon to EOL) Build Problem

We have a build problem for Candlepin on Fedora 19, but given it is EOL in
roughly a month, is it reasonable to skip fixing this for the time being?

Also we were wondering what the status is for F20/F21 and if anything was
going on in this area.

Thanks,

Devan

Katello itself has slowly drifted towards only supporting el6 and el7 as
far as running on the server. It was too much churn to try to maintain
fedora as a platform to run katello on and I'm not sure this will change
until users start requesting the ability to run on Fedora (which i
haven't heard any requests for so far). Foreman itself does still
support f19 it appears, but not f20 or f21 due ruby/rails versions. I
imagine they will drop support for f19 fairly soon given its EOL.

tldr; katello doesn't support F19 today, unclear if or when it will
support F20 & F21. feel free to drop F19 support in candlepin.

-Justin

··· On 12/12/2014 09:55 AM, Devan Goodwin wrote: > We have a build problem for Candlepin on Fedora 19, but given it is > EOL in roughly a month, is it reasonable to skip fixing this for the > time being? > > Also we were wondering what the status is for F20/F21 and if anything > was going on in this area. > > Thanks, > > Devan > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google > Groups "foreman-dev" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send > an email to foreman-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > . > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Sounds good, thanks!

··· On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 11:06 AM, Justin Sherrill wrote: > > On 12/12/2014 09:55 AM, Devan Goodwin wrote: > > We have a build problem for Candlepin on Fedora 19, but given it is EOL > in roughly a month, is it reasonable to skip fixing this for the time being? > > Also we were wondering what the status is for F20/F21 and if anything was > going on in this area. > > Thanks, > > Devan > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "foreman-dev" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to foreman-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > > > Katello itself has slowly drifted towards only supporting el6 and el7 as > far as running on the server. It was too much churn to try to maintain > fedora as a platform to run katello on and I'm not sure this will change > until users start requesting the ability to run on Fedora (which i haven't > heard any requests for so far). Foreman itself does still support f19 it > appears, but not f20 or f21 due ruby/rails versions. I imagine they will > drop support for f19 fairly soon given its EOL. > > tldr; katello doesn't support F19 today, unclear if or when it will > support F20 & F21. feel free to drop F19 support in candlepin. > > -Justin > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "foreman-dev" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to foreman-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >

I'll try to keep supporting it until we move to Rails 4, despite it
going EOL. I don't particularly want to drop it entirely in Foreman,
because it'll make it harder to reintroduce a newer release later.

(I don't know when Rails 4 will happen, I'd guess probably > 1.8 at this
rate.)

··· On 12/12/14 15:06, Justin Sherrill wrote: > Foreman itself does still support f19 it appears, but not f20 or f21 due > ruby/rails versions. I imagine they will drop support for f19 fairly > soon given its EOL.

Dominic Cleal
Red Hat Engineering