Class puppet foreman scap client failed to configure agent openscap
Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Distribution and version:
Foreman agent ;
Ubuntu 18.04 and debian 10
Foreman server installed on centos 7

Other relevant data:
Execution of ‘/usr/bin/apt-get -q -y -o DPkg::Options::=–force-confold install ruby-foreman-scap-client’ package not found

Hi,
you can see this error because foreman_scap_client is not packaged for debs. The reason is that there has not been a demand for it - you are the first user that I know of that is interested in running OpenSCAP scans on Debian/Ubuntu.

Hi,
thank you for your reply
I used foreman 1.24 with plugin openscap, it’s OK for RHEL, CentOS, but failed for debian!

is there a other solution to manage to openscap scan fore debian on foreman please ?

regards

Yes, CentOS and RHEL pull foreman_scap_client from our client repo. As far as I can tell, we do not have client repo for debs. The proper ‘fix’ would be to package it for debian.

Workaround would probably include hacking the puppet module so that it sets up foreman_scap_client from gems rather than install the package.

Hi,
I installed the foreman_scap_client manualy with gem and configured it manualy to send reports for foreman
Thank you for you help.

1 Like

@ama213 Nice to hear that this already works out of the box in general, I’m adding packaging this as DEB to my TODO list then.

@Ondrej_Prazak There was already interest I tried to make people aware of in Client repository for Debian / Ubuntu

@mmoll This would be great. Thanks for this and all the other effort on deb packaging.

I know this is a year old thread. Just following up to see if we have any update to this?

am trying to install foreman-scap_client onto ubuntu 20.04; getting this error.

E: Unable to locate package rubygem-foreman_scap_client
Error: /Stage[main]/Foreman_scap_client/Package[rubygem-foreman_scap_client]/ensure: change from ‘purged’ to ‘present’ failed: Execution of ‘/usr/bin/apt-get -q -y -o DPkg::Options::=–force-confold install rubygem-foreman_scap_client’ returned 100: Reading package lists…
Building dependency tree…
Reading state information…
E: Unable to locate package rubygem-foreman_scap_client

Hi,
it seems like the package is not available for your host, you can try to use the one from ATIX repositories.