Foreman 1.11: tfm-rubygem-ovirt_provision_plugin-1.0.1-3.fm1_11.el7.noarch causes upgade to fail

Hello,

I noticed the following issue while upgrading to 1.11.1, the cause a
seemingly broken
tfm-rubygem-ovirt_provision_plugin-1.0.1-3.fm1_11.el7.noarch, see trace
below.

If someone can confirm this, an upgade waring should be in order.

tfm-rubygem-ovirt_provision_plugin needs to be uninstalled, disabled for
the upgrade to succeed.

Otherwise rake-task apipie:cache results in a no method error; failing
dependent tasks like db:migrate and db:seed

I removed:
tfm-rubygem-ovirt_provision_plugin-1.0.1-3.fm1_11.el7.noarch

then ran:
foreman-rake apipie:cache
foreman-rake db:migrate
foreman-rake db:seed

This seemed to get the instance running

··· ==================== API controllers newer than Apipie cache! Run apipie:cache rake task to regenerate cache. rake aborted! NoMethodError: undefined method `+' for # /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/ovirt_provision_plugin-1.0.1/lib/ovirt_provision_plugin/engine.rb:13:in `block in ' /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/initializable.rb:30:in `instance_exec' /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/initializable.rb:30:in `run' /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/initializable.rb:55:in `block in run_initializers' /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/initializable.rb:54:in `run_initializers' /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/application.rb:300:in `initialize!' /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/railtie.rb:194:in `public_send' /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/railtie.rb:194:in `method_missing' /usr/share/foreman/config/environment.rb:5:in `' /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/polyglot-0.3.4/lib/polyglot.rb:65:in `require' /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activesupport-4.1.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:247:in `block in require' /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activesupport-4.1.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:232:in `load_dependency' /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activesupport-4.1.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:247:in `require' /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/application.rb:276:in `require_environment!' /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/application.rb:379:in `block in run_tasks_blocks' /usr/share/foreman/lib/tasks/apipie.rake:6:in `block (2 levels) in ' ====================== -- Daniel Helgenberger (helge000) daniel@helgenberger.net

Yes, the issue was filed at
https://github.com/theforeman/ovirt_provision_plugin/issues/5 but it
doesn't appear to be maintained. Removing it is probably the best course
of action.

If anybody's interested in maintaining it, please see
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/foreman-dev/EIGLkM_8GpA and we
can transfer ownership, else the plugin will be removed from the repos.

··· On 28/04/16 11:41, Daniel Helgenberger wrote: > Hello, > > I noticed the following issue while upgrading to 1.11.1, the cause a > seemingly broken > tfm-rubygem-ovirt_provision_plugin-1.0.1-3.fm1_11.el7.noarch, see trace > below. > > If someone can confirm this, an upgade waring should be in order.

Dominic Cleal
dominic@cleal.org

>> Hello,
>>
>> I noticed the following issue while upgrading to 1.11.1, the cause a
>> seemingly broken
>> tfm-rubygem-ovirt_provision_plugin-1.0.1-3.fm1_11.el7.noarch, see trace
>> below.
>>
>> If someone can confirm this, an upgade waring should be in order.
>
> Yes, the issue was filed at
> https://github.com/theforeman/ovirt_provision_plugin/issues/5 but it
> doesn't appear to be maintained. Removing it is probably the best course
> of action.

Indeed, I now remember reading this at the dev-list. I'll add a warning
to the pages and PR it.

Is it enough to remove the rpm /gem or should it be disabled in
foreman-installer also? If so, can you provide a command line? I'll add
this to the docs.

··· On 04/28/2016 12:48 PM, Dominic Cleal wrote: > On 28/04/16 11:41, Daniel Helgenberger wrote:

If anybody’s interested in maintaining it, please see
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/foreman-dev/EIGLkM_8GpA and we
can transfer ownership, else the plugin will be removed from the repos.

Daniel Helgenberger (helge000)
daniel@helgenberger.net

Hello,

I got the similar issue with this ovirt plugin
<tfm-rubygem-ovirt_provision_plugin-1.0.1-3.fm1_11.el7.noarch.rpm>,
Removing the package is not solving the problem, because i have an
integrated environment withe ovirt.

Dose some one using ovirt as compute resource and what plugin you recommend?

<>

undefined method +&#39; for #&lt;Rails::Paths::Path:0x000000058c8a98&gt; (NoMethodError) /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/ovirt_provision_plugin-1.0.1/lib/ovirt_provision_plugin/engine.rb:13:inblock in <class:Engine>'
/opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/initializable.rb:30:in instance_exec&#39; /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/initializable.rb:30:inrun'
/opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/initializable.rb:55:in block in run_initializers&#39; /opt/rh/rh-ruby22/root/usr/share/ruby/tsort.rb:226:inblock in tsort_each'
/opt/rh/rh-ruby22/root/usr/share/ruby/tsort.rb:348:in block (2 levels) in each_strongly_connected_component&#39; /opt/rh/rh-ruby22/root/usr/share/ruby/tsort.rb:429:ineach_strongly_connected_component_from'
/opt/rh/rh-ruby22/root/usr/share/ruby/tsort.rb:347:in block in each_strongly_connected_component&#39; /opt/rh/rh-ruby22/root/usr/share/ruby/tsort.rb:345:ineach'

<>

Regards,
Artur

··· On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 12:41:55 PM UTC+2, Daniel Helgenberger wrote: > > Hello, > > I noticed the following issue while upgrading to 1.11.1, the cause a > seemingly broken > tfm-rubygem-ovirt_provision_plugin-1.0.1-3.fm1_11.el7.noarch, see trace > below. > > If someone can confirm this, an upgade waring should be in order. > > tfm-rubygem-ovirt_provision_plugin needs to be uninstalled, disabled for > the upgrade to succeed. > > Otherwise rake-task apipie:cache results in a no method error; failing > dependent tasks like db:migrate and db:seed > > I removed: > tfm-rubygem-ovirt_provision_plugin-1.0.1-3.fm1_11.el7.noarch > > then ran: > foreman-rake apipie:cache > foreman-rake db:migrate > foreman-rake db:seed > > This seemed to get the instance running > > ==================== > API controllers newer than Apipie cache! Run apipie:cache rake task to > regenerate cache. > rake aborted! > NoMethodError: undefined method `+' for > # > /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/ovirt_provision_plugin-1.0.1/lib/ovirt_provision_plugin/engine.rb:13:in > > `block in ' > /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/initializable.rb:30:in > > `instance_exec' > /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/initializable.rb:30:in > > `run' > /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/initializable.rb:55:in > > `block in run_initializers' > /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/initializable.rb:54:in > > `run_initializers' > /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/application.rb:300:in > > `initialize!' > /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/railtie.rb:194:in > > `public_send' > /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/railtie.rb:194:in > > `method_missing' > /usr/share/foreman/config/environment.rb:5:in `' > /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/polyglot-0.3.4/lib/polyglot.rb:65:in > > `require' > /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activesupport-4.1.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:247:in > > `block in require' > /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activesupport-4.1.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:232:in > > `load_dependency' > /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activesupport-4.1.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:247:in > > `require' > /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/application.rb:276:in > > `require_environment!' > /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/application.rb:379:in > > `block in run_tasks_blocks' > /usr/share/foreman/lib/tasks/apipie.rake:6:in `block (2 levels) in (required)>' > ====================== > -- > Daniel Helgenberger (helge000) > dan...@helgenberger.net >

If it was installed through the installer then you'll need to disable it
there too, else the package will get reinstalled. Removing the package
and running this should work:

foreman-installer --no-enable-foreman-plugin-ovirt-provision

I forgot to mention that the plugin isn't required for Foreman to create
hosts on oVirt compute resources, that's the core foreman-ovirt package.
This is some optional integration with the oVirt management system to
reinstall hosts.

··· On 28/04/16 12:34, Daniel Helgenberger wrote: > > > On 04/28/2016 12:48 PM, Dominic Cleal wrote: >> On 28/04/16 11:41, Daniel Helgenberger wrote: >>> Hello, >>> >>> I noticed the following issue while upgrading to 1.11.1, the cause a >>> seemingly broken >>> tfm-rubygem-ovirt_provision_plugin-1.0.1-3.fm1_11.el7.noarch, see trace >>> below. >>> >>> If someone can confirm this, an upgade waring should be in order. >> >> Yes, the issue was filed at >> https://github.com/theforeman/ovirt_provision_plugin/issues/5 but it >> doesn't appear to be maintained. Removing it is probably the best course >> of action. > > Indeed, I now remember reading this at the dev-list. I'll add a warning > to the pages and PR it. > > Is it enough to remove the rpm /gem or should it be disabled in > foreman-installer also? If so, can you provide a command line? I'll add > this to the docs.

Dominic Cleal
dominic@cleal.org

> Hello,
>
> I got the similar issue with this ovirt plugin
> <tfm-rubygem-ovirt_provision_plugin-1.0.1-3.fm1_11.el7.noarch.rpm>,
> Removing the package is not solving the problem, because i have an
> integrated environment withe ovirt.
>
> Dose some one using ovirt as compute resource and what plugin you recommend?
As stated in the docs[1], this plugin needs to be removed as it is not
maintained atm.

>From this part:
> Note: ovirt_provision_plugin does not handle oVirt compute resources
but deployment of oVirt nodes from within oVirt.

oVirt compute resources are handled by the ovirt provider (witch is
core) and still work the same way they did in Foreman < 1.11

[1] Foreman :: Manual

··· On 04.06.2016 11:18, Artur wrote:

<>

undefined method +' for #<Rails::Paths::Path:0x000000058c8a98> (NoMethodError) /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/ovirt_provision_plugin-1.0.1/lib/ovirt_provision_plugin/engine.rb:13:inblock in class:Engine
/opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/initializable.rb:30:in instance_exec' /opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/initializable.rb:30:inrun’
/opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/initializable.rb:55:in block in run_initializers' /opt/rh/rh-ruby22/root/usr/share/ruby/tsort.rb:226:inblock in tsort_each’
/opt/rh/rh-ruby22/root/usr/share/ruby/tsort.rb:348:in block (2 levels) in each_strongly_connected_component' /opt/rh/rh-ruby22/root/usr/share/ruby/tsort.rb:429:ineach_strongly_connected_component_from’
/opt/rh/rh-ruby22/root/usr/share/ruby/tsort.rb:347:in block in each_strongly_connected_component' /opt/rh/rh-ruby22/root/usr/share/ruby/tsort.rb:345:ineach’

<>

Regards,
Artur

On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 12:41:55 PM UTC+2, Daniel Helgenberger wrote:

Hello,

I noticed the following issue while upgrading to 1.11.1, the cause a
seemingly broken
tfm-rubygem-ovirt_provision_plugin-1.0.1-3.fm1_11.el7.noarch, see trace
below.

If someone can confirm this, an upgade waring should be in order.

tfm-rubygem-ovirt_provision_plugin needs to be uninstalled, disabled for
the upgrade to succeed.

Otherwise rake-task apipie:cache results in a no method error; failing
dependent tasks like db:migrate and db:seed

I removed:
tfm-rubygem-ovirt_provision_plugin-1.0.1-3.fm1_11.el7.noarch

then ran:
foreman-rake apipie:cache
foreman-rake db:migrate
foreman-rake db:seed

This seemed to get the instance running

====================
API controllers newer than Apipie cache! Run apipie:cache rake task to
regenerate cache.
rake aborted!
NoMethodError: undefined method `+’ for
#Rails::Paths::Path:0x00000003b610b8
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/ovirt_provision_plugin-1.0.1/lib/ovirt_provision_plugin/engine.rb:13:in

`block in class:Engine
/opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/initializable.rb:30:in

`instance_exec’
/opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/initializable.rb:30:in

`run’
/opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/initializable.rb:55:in

`block in run_initializers’
/opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/initializable.rb:54:in

`run_initializers’
/opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/application.rb:300:in

`initialize!’
/opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/railtie.rb:194:in

`public_send’
/opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/railtie.rb:194:in

method_missing' /usr/share/foreman/config/environment.rb:5:in<top (required)>’
/opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/polyglot-0.3.4/lib/polyglot.rb:65:in

`require’
/opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activesupport-4.1.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:247:in

`block in require’
/opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activesupport-4.1.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:232:in

`load_dependency’
/opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activesupport-4.1.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:247:in

`require’
/opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/application.rb:276:in

`require_environment!’
/opt/rh/rh-ror41/root/usr/share/gems/gems/railties-4.1.5/lib/rails/application.rb:379:in

block in run_tasks_blocks' /usr/share/foreman/lib/tasks/apipie.rake:6:inblock (2 levels) in <top
(required)>’

dan...@helgenberger.net <javascript:>

daniel@helgenberger.net

Hi,

> I got the similar issue with this ovirt plugin
> <tfm-rubygem-ovirt_provision_plugin-1.0.1-3.fm1_11.el7.noarch.rpm>,
> Removing the package is not solving the problem, because i have an
> integrated environment withe ovirt.

The needed changes have been described here:

and according to the comment of the OP in that issue, this seems to be
sufficient to get the plugin working again. So if anybody would open a
PR with the needed fixes and ideally some other users testing it on
1.12, chances are high, a new version of the plugin is released and
packaged. However, it would be nice if there could be a group of people
found that actively maintain the plugin now and in the future.

Regards

··· On Sat, Jun 04, 2016 at 02:18:35AM -0700, Artur wrote: -- Michael Moll

Hi,

Thanks for replay, i'm using katello 3 beta withe the following formeman
versions:
foreman-compute-1.11.2-1.el7.noarch
foreman-debug-1.11.2-1.el7.noarch
foreman-installer-1.11.2-1.el7.noarch

On the web-interface when i want to add "New compute resource" i have only
the chose of:
OpenStack
Rackspace
Docker

CLI
[root@katello ~]# ${HAMMER} compute-resource create --name 'oVirt'
–provider ovirt --url https://ovirt.example.com/api --user admin@internal
–password password
Could not create the compute resource:
ERF42-0410 [Foreman::Exception]: unknown provider

As Daniel mentiond:
> oVirt compute resources are handled by the ovirt provider (witch is
> core) and still work the same way they did in Foreman < 1.11

I think i'm missing something or looking to the wrong plugin, any
suggestions?

··· -- Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards, Artur Sarkisyan

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 11:33 AM, Michael Moll kvedulv@kvedulv.de wrote:

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 04, 2016 at 02:18:35AM -0700, Artur wrote:

I got the similar issue with this ovirt plugin
<tfm-rubygem-ovirt_provision_plugin-1.0.1-3.fm1_11.el7.noarch.rpm>,
Removing the package is not solving the problem, because i have an
integrated environment withe ovirt.

The needed changes have been described here:

https://github.com/theforeman/ovirt_provision_plugin/issues/5#issuecomment-204351027
and according to the comment of the OP in that issue, this seems to be
sufficient to get the plugin working again. So if anybody would open a
PR with the needed fixes and ideally some other users testing it on
1.12, chances are high, a new version of the plugin is released and
packaged. However, it would be nice if there could be a group of people
found that actively maintain the plugin now and in the future.

Regards

Michael Moll

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups “Foreman users” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/foreman-users/2Qk9O1Hx8JM/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
foreman-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to foreman-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

You need to install the foreman-ovirt package, then restart httpd.

See Foreman :: Manual
for the full package list.

··· On 06/06/16 11:56, Artur Sarkisyan wrote: > Hi, > > Thanks for replay, i'm using katello 3 beta withe the following formeman > versions: > foreman-compute-1.11.2-1.el7.noarch > foreman-debug-1.11.2-1.el7.noarch > foreman-installer-1.11.2-1.el7.noarch > > On the web-interface when i want to add "New compute resource" i have > only the chose of: > OpenStack > Rackspace > Docker > > CLI > [root@katello ~]# ${HAMMER} compute-resource create --name 'oVirt' > --provider ovirt --url https://ovirt.example.com/api --user > admin@internal --password password > Could not create the compute resource: > ERF42-0410 [Foreman::Exception]: unknown provider > > > As Daniel mentiond: >> oVirt compute resources are handled by the ovirt provider (witch is >> core) and still work the same way they did in Foreman < 1.11 > > I think i'm missing something or looking to the wrong plugin, any > suggestions?

Dominic Cleal
dominic@cleal.org

Thanks Dominic,

It's working "Compute resource created" :slight_smile:

Regards,
Artur

··· On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 1:01 PM, Dominic Cleal wrote:

On 06/06/16 11:56, Artur Sarkisyan wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for replay, i’m using katello 3 beta withe the following formeman
versions:
foreman-compute-1.11.2-1.el7.noarch
foreman-debug-1.11.2-1.el7.noarch
foreman-installer-1.11.2-1.el7.noarch

On the web-interface when i want to add “New compute resource” i have
only the chose of:
OpenStack
Rackspace
Docker

CLI
[root@katello ~]# ${HAMMER} compute-resource create --name ‘oVirt’
–provider ovirt --url https://ovirt.example.com/api --user
admin@internal --password password
Could not create the compute resource:
ERF42-0410 [Foreman::Exception]: unknown provider

As Daniel mentiond:

oVirt compute resources are handled by the ovirt provider (witch is
core) and still work the same way they did in Foreman < 1.11

I think i’m missing something or looking to the wrong plugin, any
suggestions?

You need to install the foreman-ovirt package, then restart httpd.

See Foreman :: Manual
for the full package list.

Dominic Cleal
dominic@cleal.org

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups “Foreman users” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/foreman-users/2Qk9O1Hx8JM/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
foreman-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to foreman-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.