Foreman 1.15.0 is now available, the latest major release containing
support for notifications, many improvements on VMWare and
provisioning of bonded interfaces, and locking of templates and roles,
among many other bugfixes and features.
Thanks to all contributors to this release, who helped write, fix and
translate it, and to the testers who've helped during the release
Installation quick start:
Changes in this release
···======================= This release contains many varied changes, including:
- Default owner for new hosts
- Notifications drawer
- Template and roles locking
- CSV export of UI tables
- Import hosts from compute resources
- SSH keys deployed per user
- DHCP/TFTP bonded interfaces provision DHCP/TFTP for all children
- Many VMWare related fixes were merged for this release.
Many other noticeable improvements can be found on the website release notes,
A full list of all issues fixed in the Foreman project is available in
our issue tracker
Two security issues have also been fixed in this release:
- CVE-2016-7078: users with no org/loc can see all resources
- CVE-2016-9593: filter out passwords/keys from cert file
Lastly, do take note of the upgrade warnings and deprecations in this
release (right now empty, it will be updated with anything we find):
Packages may be found in the 1.15 directories on both deb.foreman.org
and yum.theforeman.org, and tarballs are on downloads.theforeman.org.
The GPG key used for RPMs and tarballs has the following fingerprint:
6610 7FC8 658F F702 E849 9AC4 17A3 FD24 9A8D AAD5
(Foreman :: Security)
If you come across a bug, please file it and note the
version of Foreman that you’re using in the report.
Daniel Lobato Garcia