Foreman 1.22.2 to 2.5 Upgrade

**Problem:Currently using Foreman 1.22.2

**Expected outcome:Want to Upgrade to 2.5

Foreman and Proxy versions:

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Distribution and version:

Other relevant data:

We recommend upgrading one version at a time, as that is what we test. It may be possible to skip versions but you could run into issues. Follow the upgrade instructions for each version and take note of the upgrade warnings in the manual. Take a backup before you start, and if you’re running Foreman in a VM, take a snapshot after each version upgraded so that in case something goes wrong you don’t need to start over from the beginning.

1 Like

Hi idrisa,

You can check out my upgrade notes for a very similar upgrade procedure I performed in my environment here: Foreman upgrade 1.24.3 -> 2.3 possible? - #3 by tbrisker
I hope it helps!

Good luck!

Jasenko

1 Like

Thanks for your prompt response.
Would it be better to upgrade Or it is better to install 2.5 and migrate across the configuration from 1.22.2

I personally would upgrade. I don’t expect odd issues from 1.22 to 2.5 as long as you’re using PostgreSQL already.

1 Like

Can someone please provide me link to step by step upgrade from 1.22 to 2.5 upgrade

by running the below command, how far the check will go, i.e. 1.22.2 to ?
[root@foreman ~]# foreman-rake katello:upgrade_check
Rubocop not loaded.
This script makes no modifications and can be re-run multiple times for the most up to date results.
Checking upgradeability…

Checking for running tasks…
[SUCCESS] - There are 0 active tasks.
You may proceed with the upgrade.