Foreman 1.5.3 and LDAP Auth

Hi,

A week ago, I upgraded from 1.4.latest to 1.5.3. It seems that I've missed
a setting change or something with our LDAP Auth. I have two users who
have preferred nick names that are not the first name of record in LDAP.
Previously, we just modified their user in the Foreman UI to correct the
first name field. Now it seems that as soon as they log in, Foreman
returns their first name to the givenName field from LDAP. The side effect
here is that all of my auto-generated @owner_name contact templates for
these two individuals aren't working anymore, since the first name is
different than what it should be.

Can I prevent Foreman from overriding the Firstname with the LDAP field if
we've set it manually?

Thanks!

This isn't configurable, but it seems reasonable to make it so, perhaps
globally, or per auth source. We changed it in #3827 while adding
avatar support as that needed to update attributes.

··· On 23/09/14 19:02, Sean Alderman wrote: > Hi, > > A week ago, I upgraded from 1.4.latest to 1.5.3. It seems that I've > missed a setting change or something with our LDAP Auth. I have two > users who have preferred nick names that are not the first name of > record in LDAP. Previously, we just modified their user in the Foreman > UI to correct the first name field. Now it seems that as soon as they > log in, Foreman returns their first name to the givenName field from > LDAP. The side effect here is that all of my auto-generated @owner_name > contact templates for these two individuals aren't working anymore, > since the first name is different than what it should be. > > Can I prevent Foreman from overriding the Firstname with the LDAP field > if we've set it manually?

Dominic Cleal
Red Hat Engineering

Thanks Dominic, I'm not sure if it's worth the effort to put that kind of
feature in just for my team, we don't have a broad user group with access
to Foreman.

··· On Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:12:11 AM UTC-4, Dominic Cleal wrote: > > On 23/09/14 19:02, Sean Alderman wrote: > > Hi, > > > > A week ago, I upgraded from 1.4.latest to 1.5.3. It seems that I've > > missed a setting change or something with our LDAP Auth. I have two > > users who have preferred nick names that are not the first name of > > record in LDAP. Previously, we just modified their user in the Foreman > > UI to correct the first name field. Now it seems that as soon as they > > log in, Foreman returns their first name to the givenName field from > > LDAP. The side effect here is that all of my auto-generated @owner_name > > contact templates for these two individuals aren't working anymore, > > since the first name is different than what it should be. > > > > Can I prevent Foreman from overriding the Firstname with the LDAP field > > if we've set it manually? > > This isn't configurable, but it seems reasonable to make it so, perhaps > globally, or per auth source. We changed it in #3827 while adding > avatar support as that needed to update attributes. > > -- > Dominic Cleal > Red Hat Engineering >