Foreman 3.4 stable - "unknown attribute 'description' for Setting::ForemanHostExtraValidator"

@Marek_Hulan
i did now the following for testing - deleted all 4 plugins and installed 1 for testing.

1. rubygem-foreman_host_extra_validator - test seems successfully - output:
[root@pp-tfm-test-01 ~]# foreman-rake db:migrate
[root@pp-tfm-test-01 ~]# foreman-rake db:seed
At least one field decryption failed, check ENCRYPTION_KEY
  1. rubygem-foreman_expire_hosts - test seems successfully - output:
[root@pp-tfm-test-01 ~]# foreman-rake db:migrate
== 20220923181700 FixSettingsCategoryToDsl: migrating =========================
== 20220923181700 FixSettingsCategoryToDsl: migrated (0.0176s) ================

[root@pp-tfm-test-01 ~]# foreman-rake db:seed
At least one field decryption failed, check ENCRYPTION_KEY
User with login admin already exists, not seeding as admin.
  1. rubygem-foreman_monitoring → no PR for testing currently

2. rubygem-puppetdb_foreman → not tested, changes are to much to test locally, would need here better a package for installing (rpm) … can´t change 35 files fastly without making human mistakes or typos

Ah, I named migrations with the same number, that’s why you didn’t see any migration to happen, I updated the PR here so that it applies too.

I can work on releases for 1 and 2 later this week.

2 Likes

@Marek_Hulan, any updates ?

yum el8 repository - last package update

[rubygem-foreman_expire_hosts-7.0.4-4.fm3_3.el8.noarch.rpm] - 2022-05-10 13:13
[rubygem-foreman_host_extra_validator-0.1.0-5.fm3_3.el8.noarch.rpm] - 2022-05-10 15:14
[rubygem-puppetdb_foreman-5.0.0-4.fm3_3.el8.noarch.rpm] - 2022-04-23 04:44
[rubygem-foreman_monitoring-2.1.0-4.fm3_3.el8.noarch.rpm] - 2022-05-10 13:22

Not yet, sorry, I planned to work on that last Friday but I was sick. I’ll have some time this Friday again. I hope to release foreman_host_extra_validator and foreman_expire_hosts, not sure if there’s any progress on the other two.

@Marek_Hulan, thx for the update.

is there any way we can also push the

forward ? … i mean i have no experience how the development or handling of issues works in that GIT-Projects, but there must be a way to get that also fixed :smiley:

@Marek_Hulan,

just informational -

is merged. hopefully there will be in the next days a CentOS8 (el8) package available.

i guess you are on the other 2 packages.
and then we have to look forward what we can do with the monitoring package, seems not that this will be pushed forward.

@Marek_Hulan,

→ rubygem-puppetdb_foreman got an package update,

so three packages left :slight_smile:

1 Like

I merged the other two PRs, I’m waiting to get the rubygems.com release permissions so I can proceed with the releases.

3 Likes

I don’t see any merge in foreman_monitoring github repository.

@Alexandre_Barth, there is still none … i opened up an issue but no developer was interested currently in it :frowning:

I have published the gems and opened a packaging PRs
https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-packaging/pull/8622
https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-packaging/pull/8623

you can grab scratch rpm builds from them. They should be possible to install with 3.4. Confirmation that it works would be great. Once they are merged, I can cherrypick those for 3.4 repositories.

EDIT: there seems to be some issue with the scratch build of the extra validator plugin, I’ll have to look at that later

1 Like

Both plugins have made it to the 3.4 plugins repository, in other words, yum upgrade should fix your setups, people who upgrade their 3.3 instance to 3.4 and have these two plugins installed should no longer see the issue. I think the monitoring is not addressed yet, but that’s the last one right?

@Marek_Hulan ,

can confirm

the last one is indeed the monitoring plugin, which still has the issue that was opened by me but currently no developer is taking it :slight_smile:

Problem with foreman 3.4 upgrade · Issue #82 · theforeman/foreman_monitoring · GitHub

If you’re feeling adventurous, you can try migrate to use Settings DSL by evgeni · Pull Request #83 · theforeman/foreman_monitoring · GitHub :wink:

evgeni, i tried to update to foreman 3.4 with your fix, but foreman installer encoutered an error with puppetdb plugin, again, even witn new version 6.0.0.
I’ll post an issue in their github repository.

Can you try Fix the category of settings to not include Puppetdb anymore by evgeni · Pull Request #78 · theforeman/puppetdb_foreman · GitHub?

@evgeni,

currently monitoring-plugin is still not available on yum-repositories ?

https://yum.theforeman.org/plugins/3.4/el8/x86_64/

have you any clue, when the package will be build ?

Not before Release 3.0.0 by evgeni · Pull Request #86 · theforeman/foreman_monitoring · GitHub is merged and the plugin with the fix is actually released.

1 Like

Ty so much evgeni !!! With your foreman_monitoring fix and your puppetdb_foreman fix i’ve successfully upgraded to foreman 3.4 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming!

So we just need to get them merged and release for everyone to benefit!

1 Like