Foreman-digitalocean compute resource: how to create a droplet?

Hi,

I've installed foreman-digitalocean plugin and it's awesome. I can see all
my existing VMs, can destroy them, poweroff, etc. But I do not understand
how new droplets can be created.

After compute resource is configured, I'm trying to create new host with it
(Hosts -> New host), but getting confused by the Interfaces tab. It looks
like interfaces setup is a mandatory step: "Some of the interfaces are
invalid. Please check the table below" error message is displayed if
interfaces left unconfigured. As far as I know, DigitalOcean API does not
require such information, but I was unable to find a way to skip this.

What is the right way to create new VMs with this plugin?

I'm running Foreman 1.8.2 with foreman-digitalocean 0.2.

Thanks in advance

What information is it requesting precisely? Do any of the fields show
errors if you click Edit next to the interfaces?

··· On 18/08/15 03:55, Dmitriy Sergeev wrote: > Hi, > > I've installed foreman-digitalocean plugin and it's awesome. I can see > all my existing VMs, can destroy them, poweroff, etc. But I do not > understand how new droplets can be created. > > After compute resource is configured, I'm trying to create new host with > it (Hosts -> New host), but getting confused by the Interfaces tab. It > looks like interfaces setup is a mandatory step: "Some of the interfaces > are invalid. Please check the table below" error message is displayed if > interfaces left unconfigured. As far as I know, DigitalOcean API does > not require such information, but I was unable to find a way to skip this.

Dominic Cleal
Red Hat Engineering

I'ts working!
I guess I messed up somewhere before. It required mac, ipaddress, etc.

It only marks domain as required field now.

Thank you!

··· вторник, 18 августа 2015 г., 10:37:07 UTC+3 пользователь Dominic Cleal написал: > > On 18/08/15 03:55, Dmitriy Sergeev wrote: > > Hi, > > > > I've installed foreman-digitalocean plugin and it's awesome. I can see > > all my existing VMs, can destroy them, poweroff, etc. But I do not > > understand how new droplets can be created. > > > > After compute resource is configured, I'm trying to create new host with > > it (Hosts -> New host), but getting confused by the Interfaces tab. It > > looks like interfaces setup is a mandatory step: "Some of the interfaces > > are invalid. Please check the table below" error message is displayed if > > interfaces left unconfigured. As far as I know, DigitalOcean API does > > not require such information, but I was unable to find a way to skip > this. > > What information is it requesting precisely? Do any of the fields show > errors if you click Edit next to the interfaces? > > -- > Dominic Cleal > Red Hat Engineering >