I am late on the announcement due to my week off, but the packages were already
in our repos: Foreman Discovery 7.0.0 and Foreman Discovery Image 3.2.0.
These are Foreman 1.13+ compatible.
Foreman Discovery 7.0 is mostly a bugfix release with some refactoring around
strong parameters and UEFI support. Discovery now fully supports Debian/Ubuntu
operating systems in PXE-less environments (A Debian kexec template is provided
by default). Other noticeable changes:
- Bug #16324: Kexec templates does not work in safemode - Discovery - Foreman - Kexec templates fixed for safemode
- Bug #16041: Unify accordion styles in show page - Discovery - Foreman - Unify accordion styles in show page
- Bug #16105: DNS entries are not created if discovery hostname is the same as the provisioned (managed) host name - Discovery - Foreman - Force DNS rebuild when provisioning discovered host
- Feature #15777: Provision action on the detail of a discovered host should use modal form - Discovery - Foreman - Add modal to provision action on show page
- Refactor #15750: Add strong parameters to Discovery Plugin - Discovery - Foreman - Added missing strong params for rule
- Bug #16081: Facts page in core expects .host relation - Discovery - Foreman - FactValue returns value for host method
- Refactor #15750: Add strong parameters to Discovery Plugin - Discovery - Foreman - Strong parameters implementation
Foreman Discovery Image 3.2 is ready for download and works with 7.0. The image
is smaller because unused MacOS EFI loaders were dropped. Preliminary support
for VLAN was added and the
biosdevname package is present on the image,
therefore DELL systems will report network card names as expected. It is
possible to turn off this behavior tho via usual kernel command line option.
KMS video drivers were removed from the image to prevent console bugs when
kexecing and smart proxy log buffer plugin is now enabled by default.
- Bug #14247: Increase systemd timeout for unresponsive DNS systems - Discovery - Foreman - Prevents proxy from timing out during startup
- http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/9945 - Add VLAN support for primary interface
- Bug #8540: Force network-manager not to send the hostname - Discovery - Foreman - Hostname is no longer sent in DHCP request
- Bug #16526: Package biosdevname is missing on the discovery image - Discovery - Foreman - Added biosdevname package
- Bug #16450: Image should check for port entry - Discovery - Foreman - Fixed foreman port check
- Bug #16420: Report Smart/Proxy (Capsule) or Satellite server it has connected to - Discovery - Foreman - Report the foreman server/proxy used to register
- Bug #15195: Provide fdi.dhcp_timeout kernel option and increase default value to 300 seconds - Discovery - Foreman - New option fdi.dhcp_timeout for IPv4
- Bug #15138: Start foreman-proxy on non-DHCP network - Discovery - Foreman - Start proxy when IPv4 is not present
- Feature #14495: Add i18n support to the image - Discovery - Foreman - Added i18n support
- Bug #15517: Root password is sent to system journal in clear text when set - Discovery - Foreman - Root password is not sent to journal
- Bug #15144: Blacklist kms driver to prevent kexec issues - Discovery - Foreman - Removed KMS video drivers
- Refactor #14494: Make the discovery image branding-friendly - Discovery - Foreman - Made texts branding-friendly
- Bug #14315: Discovery should no longer use Proxy::Log directly - Discovery - Foreman - Fixed proxy logger and enabled log buffer
Auto provisioning does not set Content Source and View/Media correctly when
Katello plugin is installed. We are tracking this as
Media, OS and Architecture is not set correctly for interactive provisioning.
Tracked as Bug #16750: *_selected methods expect params[:host] to exist - Discovery - Foreman
These bugfixes will be backported into the 7.0 series when it's ready.
Documentation was updated to reflect all the changes, head over to:
To update your FDI download from:
Have a productive weekend!