Foreman-installer issue

I am trying to install foreman but keep on getting the same error when
trying to run the installer. I am using the latest version of Centos 7 with
all of the newest updates. I am following the install instructions provided
by foremen. I get the following error when doing any forman-installer
command:

[root@theforeman ~]# foreman-installer --help
/usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/context.rb:54:in lookup': Could not parse for environment production: no 'environments' in {:current_environment=>#<Puppet::Node::Environment:0x000000030dcd40 @name=:"*root*", @modulepath=[], @manifest=:no_manifest, @config_version=nil, @watching=true>, :root_environment=>#<Puppet::Node::Environment:0x000000030dcd40 @name=:"*root*", @modulepath=[], @manifest=:no_manifest, @config_version=nil, @watching=true>} at top of [[0, nil, nil]] (Puppet::Error) from /usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet.rb:236:inlookup'
from /usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet.rb:264:in future_parser?' from /usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/parser/parser_factory.rb:12:inparser'
from /usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/node/environment.rb:541:in
perform_initial_import' from /usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/node/environment.rb:276:inknown_resource_types'
from
/usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/resource/type_collection_helper.rb:5:in
known_resource_types' from /usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/parser/parser_support.rb:120:inimport'
from
/usr/share/gems/gems/kafo_parsers-0.0.4/lib/kafo_parsers/puppet_module_parser.rb:38:in
initialize' from /usr/share/gems/gems/kafo_parsers-0.0.4/lib/kafo_parsers/puppet_module_parser.rb:16:innew'
from
/usr/share/gems/gems/kafo_parsers-0.0.4/lib/kafo_parsers/puppet_module_parser.rb:16:in
parse' from /usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-0.6.5/lib/kafo/puppet_module.rb:44:inparse'
from
/usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-0.6.5/lib/kafo/configuration.rb:84:in block in modules' from /usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-0.6.5/lib/kafo/configuration.rb:84:inmap'
from
/usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-0.6.5/lib/kafo/configuration.rb:84:in modules' from /usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-0.6.5/lib/kafo/kafo_configure.rb:170:inmodules'
from
/usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-0.6.5/lib/kafo/kafo_configure.rb:152:in params' from /usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-0.6.5/lib/kafo/kafo_configure.rb:185:inset_parameters'
from
/usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-0.6.5/lib/kafo/kafo_configure.rb:66:in
initialize' from /usr/share/gems/gems/clamp-0.6.2/lib/clamp/command.rb:126:innew'
from /usr/share/gems/gems/clamp-0.6.2/lib/clamp/command.rb:126:in
run' from /usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-0.6.5/lib/kafo/kafo_configure.rb:116:inrun'
from /usr/sbin/foreman-installer:18:in `<main>'

Thanks,
-Joseph

The release today of Puppet 3.7.5 breaks the installer. We recommend
downgrading puppet and re-running.

··· On Mar 26, 2015 5:26 PM, "Joseph Kregloh" wrote:

I am trying to install foreman but keep on getting the same error when
trying to run the installer. I am using the latest version of Centos 7 with
all of the newest updates. I am following the install instructions provided
by foremen. I get the following error when doing any forman-installer
command:

[root@theforeman ~]# foreman-installer --help
/usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/context.rb:54:in lookup': Could not parse for environment production: no 'environments' in {:current_environment=>#<Puppet::Node::Environment:0x000000030dcd40 @name=:"*root*", @modulepath=[], @manifest=:no_manifest, @config_version=nil, @watching=true>, :root_environment=>#<Puppet::Node::Environment:0x000000030dcd40 @name=:"*root*", @modulepath=[], @manifest=:no_manifest, @config_version=nil, @watching=true>} at top of [[0, nil, nil]] (Puppet::Error) from /usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet.rb:236:inlookup’
from /usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet.rb:264:in future_parser?' from /usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/parser/parser_factory.rb:12:inparser’
from /usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/node/environment.rb:541:in
perform_initial_import' from /usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/node/environment.rb:276:inknown_resource_types’
from
/usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/resource/type_collection_helper.rb:5:in
known_resource_types' from /usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/parser/parser_support.rb:120:inimport’
from
/usr/share/gems/gems/kafo_parsers-0.0.4/lib/kafo_parsers/puppet_module_parser.rb:38:in
initialize' from /usr/share/gems/gems/kafo_parsers-0.0.4/lib/kafo_parsers/puppet_module_parser.rb:16:innew’
from
/usr/share/gems/gems/kafo_parsers-0.0.4/lib/kafo_parsers/puppet_module_parser.rb:16:in
parse' from /usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-0.6.5/lib/kafo/puppet_module.rb:44:inparse’
from
/usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-0.6.5/lib/kafo/configuration.rb:84:in block in modules' from /usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-0.6.5/lib/kafo/configuration.rb:84:inmap’
from
/usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-0.6.5/lib/kafo/configuration.rb:84:in modules' from /usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-0.6.5/lib/kafo/kafo_configure.rb:170:inmodules’
from
/usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-0.6.5/lib/kafo/kafo_configure.rb:152:in params' from /usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-0.6.5/lib/kafo/kafo_configure.rb:185:inset_parameters’
from
/usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-0.6.5/lib/kafo/kafo_configure.rb:66:in
initialize' from /usr/share/gems/gems/clamp-0.6.2/lib/clamp/command.rb:126:innew’
from /usr/share/gems/gems/clamp-0.6.2/lib/clamp/command.rb:126:in
run' from /usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-0.6.5/lib/kafo/kafo_configure.rb:116:inrun’
from /usr/sbin/foreman-installer:18:in `’

Thanks,
-Joseph

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Foreman users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to foreman-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to foreman-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.