Foreman/Katello Installer that works?

I thought we fixed that typo. In the foreman-client-release URL there should be a 1.20 between client and `el7,

http://yum.theforeman.org/client/1.20/el7/x86_64/foreman-client-release.rpm

Awesome… thanks for the reply… I see the spot where that’s missing. :slight_smile:

Ok… I now have Foreman fully working… and I’m pushing it out to our servers via a new chef cookbook, that I wrote yesterday.

1 thing that I notice… when I get kicked out due to the inactivity timer, it goes to this screen. It does this 100% of the time. I end up having to close the tab and open a new one. I’m using Windows 10 and Chrome.

I’m confused about this… why does it say no content hosts on 1 screen… but I click the “0” and it shows me the content host? Also… it says no products, and isn’t talking to katello client or host tools… both installed and running. It’s doing this on the actual Foreman server, as well as my test VM’s. I have to be missing something.

About 2 months ago, before I decided to move from our old Foreman system (we had too many issues with Candlepin crashing), I installed 3.8 and had it all working and pushing updates to test VM’s the same day… is there a major functionality difference between 3.8 and 3.9? I feel like I’m having a hell of a time w/ 3.9, and I have 2 month more experience than I did with 3.8. Hope that makes sense to you. Am I just an idiot here?

BTW, I owe you guys a case of beer or something for your assistance. I really appreciate it.

Sorry about the spam…I just want to make sure you see what I see.

Lifecycle loads empty…

Refresh the page 2x:

I’m going to spin up a new machine and try all this again with 3.8 and see if anything changes. I have until EOB Tuesday, which is the end of the sprint, to get this all working correctly.

Hi again… 3.8 installed with zero errors. All of the issues I had above, I do not have with 3.8. The only thing is, the instructions call for :

But that URL does not work.

I went screen by screen, and side by side, to make sure I setup 3.8 EXACTLY like 3.9. It seems 3.9 was my issue, except for the link issue above.

You’re right, EPEL5 is discontinued according to https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL:

EPEL for EL5 is no longer supported. If you are running EL5, please upgrade your operating system to either EL6 or EL7.

That said, the host you show in the screenshot is running CentOS 7 so you should pick the appropriate operating system.

Yup… I’m an idiot… the default dropdown was version 5. I forgot to change it to v7. Trying again now.

I’m 100% done with the install… test vm, and the main server check-in without any issues. I’m sticking with 3.8 for now… really appreciate your time and patience :slight_smile: