As mentioned in previous threads, katello scripts are being moved to foreman-maintain. During this time, there will be some cross-development on both foreman-packaging and foreman-maintain.
Currently the status of moving these scripts is:
- katello-service has been moved, with one small addition needed
- katello-backup has an open PR
- katello-restore has an open PR
The scripts will stay in foreman-packaging until at least the 3.7 branch date next week and then we will discuss the best way to remove them.
If you are working on any of these scripts in foreman-packaging, please be do the following:
- If the script has been moved (PR is merged) to foreman-maintain, either open up a corresponding PR to foreman-maintain, or file an issue and contact myself, @iNecas, or @mbacovsky.
- If the script has not been moved yet (PR is open) to foreman-maintain, please comment on the corresponding PR in foreman-maintain with a link to your PR in foreman-packaging. We will monitor and make sure the changes make it into our PR.
We are doing our best to monitor the scripts and make sure all changes in foreman-packaging make it into foreman-maintain, but it does help if you can reach out when those changes are being made. Hopefully, we can remove the scripts shortly after the 3.7 branch date and move development exclusively to foreman-maintain.
Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions to improve this process.