Foreman using puppet SSL certs - can't access site with latest firefox

Works in IE 9 & 10 just fine, but when i try and access foreman through
firefox i get:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to puppet.mydomain.com.

You have received an invalid certificate. Please contact the server
administrator or email correspondent and give them the following
information:

Your certificate contains the same serial number as another certificate
issued by the certificate authority. Please get a new certificate
containing a unique serial number.

(Error code: sec_error_reused_issuer_and_serial)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity
of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken
site.

Any tips? basically foreman is implementing the same Puppet CA certs for
the web, i get an unofficial certificate warning in other browsers but flat
out denied in firefox.

This suggests the host has been rebuilt or something, and Firefox has
still got the old certificate stored. I hit it fairly regularly in testing!

Go to Firefox's preferences, Advanced tab, Encryption tab, click View
Certificates, Servers tab and delete any entries for your server's
hostname in that list.

Close the browser completely, reopen and then hopefully it'll prompt you
again to add an exception.

··· On 21/03/13 20:41, Byron Miller wrote: > Works in IE 9 & 10 just fine, but when i try and access foreman through > firefox i get: > > Secure Connection Failed > > > > An error occurred during a connection to puppet.mydomain.com. > > You have received an invalid certificate. Please contact the server > administrator or email correspondent and give them the following > information: > > Your certificate contains the same serial number as another certificate > issued by the certificate authority. Please get a new certificate > containing a unique serial number. > > (Error code: sec_error_reused_issuer_and_serial)

Dominic Cleal
Red Hat Engineering

Dominic,

That was it! thanks! i had forgotten i had been bouncing around between a
view snapshots of the vm and interations of the SSL certs. Deleted the old
ones, restarted and works like a champ!

-byron

··· On Friday, March 22, 2013 3:05:55 AM UTC-5, Dominic Cleal wrote: > > On 21/03/13 20:41, Byron Miller wrote: > > Works in IE 9 & 10 just fine, but when i try and access foreman through > > firefox i get: > > > > Secure Connection Failed > > > > > > > > An error occurred during a connection to puppet.mydomain.com. > > > > You have received an invalid certificate. Please contact the server > > administrator or email correspondent and give them the following > > information: > > > > Your certificate contains the same serial number as another certificate > > issued by the certificate authority. Please get a new certificate > > containing a unique serial number. > > > > (Error code: sec_error_reused_issuer_and_serial) > > This suggests the host has been rebuilt or something, and Firefox has > still got the old certificate stored. I hit it fairly regularly in > testing! > > Go to Firefox's preferences, Advanced tab, Encryption tab, click View > Certificates, Servers tab and delete any entries for your server's > hostname in that list. > > Close the browser completely, reopen and then hopefully it'll prompt you > again to add an exception. > > -- > Dominic Cleal > Red Hat Engineering >