Foreman with smart-proxy + tftp (step by step)

Problem:

My name is Georgy Minashvili
I’m new to working with Foreman project, but i became a big fan after reading Foreman :: Introduction
I really want to implement this system at my work, especially foreman with smart-proxy + tftp. This is my dream =))

I started researching this question based on wonderful official documentation ( Foreman :: Manual ) and video ( Foreman - YouTube )
But I really miss more detailed examples or more detailed tutorials for implement foreman with smart-proxy + tftp
Unfortunately, there are no colleagues at work who know how Foreman works… I want to fix it )))

I ask the community to help the newbie and guide me on the right path:
Give advice in what order and what to learn or share deployment instructions “step by step”. I am ready to enroll in training courses (paid or free) if there are any =)

I would be glad to any advice, thanks for reading this <3

2 Likes

Hi Georgy,
It’s rather late here, so I’ll provide a few URLs you might find useful.
Regards,
Peter

I would suggest reading all of section 3.2.x in the following (searching for ‘tftp’ references amongst all the installation options) and read all of 3.2.3 (until the next major section):

https://www.theforeman.org/manuals/2.3/index.html#3.2.3InstallationScenarios

The Provision Guide as a whole is truly worth a read, but this link may be of more immediate assistance:

https://docs.theforeman.org/nightly/Provisioning_Guide/index-foreman-el.html#Configuring_Networking-Configuring_Network_Services_for_PXE_Boot

3 Likes

I thank you Peter!
I am starting to study, I hope I can achieve positive results =)

1 Like

Hi/gamarjoba @minashvili :slight_smile:

Welcome to the community!

You’re very welcome to ask any questions that you might have as a new user.

There are training slides available here: Foreman | Lifecyclemanagement for Server If you’d like to pursue a training course, contacting Netways is probably the way to go :slight_smile:

Peter has pointed you in the right direction. If you have any other questions or cannot find information you need, let us know and we will do our best to help.

Melanie

1 Like