I am hoping someone can point me to documentation for cleaning up databases on foreman. After upgrading from foreman 2.4/katello4.0 to foreman 2.5/katello 4.1 I cannot publish new content views and foreman-rake tasks generate a warning about permissions for /usr/share/foreman.
The production log shows ‘clean up your database’ entries when I attempt either tasks.
Thanks for your response @mcorr. Please see my update about 5 minutes ago. I attached the entries from the production.log file. If there other log files that would be helpful please let me know. I am very new to foreman so I am trying to ease myself into maintaining it. This system is actually meant to replace our older server so I am trying to figure it out as I go along.
I apologize, I mispoke. The Splunk_Forwarder/splunkforwarder-8_1_2 is actually in the content view that I attempted to publish for uploading to this issue. That said, the Splunk_Forwarder/splunkforwarder-8_1_2 repo does have the expected file listed. Is the file repo type not working in foreman 2.5?
I just attempted to publish a content view that does not include the Splunk_Forwarder/splunkforwarder-8_1_2 repo…and I get the same error I have been getting for all content views… (undefined method `id’ for nil:NilClass).
Can I use ‘hammer create repository --id 180’ to forcibly create a repo for ID 180 …which does not exist?
In my initial configuration I had splunkforwarder-8_1_2 in a product that did not make sense so I removed it to reorganize the structure of the products in foreman and created the Splunk_Forwarder product to contain the various files we need.
You @cintrix84 asked me about the upgrade, it appeared to run successfully. I am attaching a sanitized version of the katello.log that shows the results. It is pretty lengthy because I had debug logging enabled (still do).
This was the tail end of the output that was displayed in when it finished.
Upgrade Step 2/4: katello:clean_backend_objects. This may take a long while.
0 orphaned consumer id(s) found in candlepin.
Candlepin orphaned consumers: 
Upgrade Step 3/4: katello:upgrades:4.1:sync_noarch_content. =============================================
Upgrade Step 4/4: katello:upgrades:4.1:fix_invalid_pools. I, 2021-06-10T10:15:56.016520 #131878 INFO – : Corrected 0 invalid pools
I, 2021-06-10T10:15:56.016561 #131878 INFO – : Removed 0 orphaned pools
Foreman is running at https://puppet.ensco.win
To install an additional Foreman proxy on separate machine continue by running:
foreman-proxy-certs-generate --foreman-proxy-fqdn "$FOREMAN_PROXY" --certs-tar "/root/$FOREMAN_PROXY-certs.tar"
Foreman Proxy is running at https://puppet.ensco.win:9090
The full log is at /var/log/foreman-installer/katello.log
I have a feeling the change I made to the repos that resulted in the missing repo occurred after the upgrade. I don’t recall which came first (upgrade or repo delete) but I don’t think the upgrade would have finished as cleanly based on what I am seeing now. I did make a backup before the upgrade but I suspect that is not helpful at this point.