$dhcp = true
$dns = true

Finally, install it:

echo include puppet, puppet::server, foreman, foreman_proxy | puppet
鈥搈odulepath $MODULE_PATH

It'll probably break, but I really want feedback on this so we can
give people the git install option in an easy way. So, comments,
patches, or pullrequests are very welcome - Once I get it vaguely
stable, I'll put pullrequests in to the main foreman-* modules.

Cheers,
Greg

Hi,

i take a look at your module and i think its not the right way to install
latest foreman / proxy.
Maybe the better solution is to provide nightly builds for debian / redhat,
so the installer can be much simpler.

rgds Florian

路路路 Am Samstag, 31. M盲rz 2012 15:51:49 UTC+2 schrieb Greg Sutcliffe: > > Hi all, > > I've been working an updated set of puppet modules to do the following > things: > > Install Foreman from Git > Install Proxy from Git > Setup DHCP in a proxy-friendly way > Setup DNS in a proxy-friendly way > > These modules are now just about ready for someone else to test them, > so I thought I'd share with you :) > > First though, the disclaimers: > > This is only even slightly likely to work on Debian, I've had no > chance to test on other OSes. > Several things are still broken - for example, the restarting of the > proxy doesn't work at the moment. > There's code duplication in a few places, due to Git needing things > done in a different order > > If you want to give it a try, grab a clean OS, and run: > > export MODULE_PATH="/etc/puppet/modules/common" > mkdir -p $MODULE_PATH > for mod in apache dhcp dns foreman foreman_proxy git passenger puppet > tftp xinetd; do > mkdir -p $MODULE_PATH/$mod > wget http://github.com/GregSutcliffe/puppet-$mod/tarball/master -O - > > tar xzvf - -C $MODULE_PATH/$mod --strip-components=1 > done; > > Then edit the foreman::params and foreman_proxy classes and set: > $source = 'git' > $dhcp = true > $dns = true > > Finally, install it: > > echo include puppet, puppet::server, foreman, foreman_proxy | puppet > --modulepath $MODULE_PATH > > It'll probably break, but I really want feedback on this so we can > give people the git install option in an easy way. So, comments, > patches, or pullrequests are very welcome - Once I get it vaguely > stable, I'll put pullrequests in to the main foreman-* modules. > > Cheers, > Greg > >

Some people will always want to install the latest Git version. This
is an attempt to cater to that need. I'm not suggesting removing
package support (if I had, it would have made writing the modules much
easier :P).

I'd love to see the nightlies updated, but as has been much discussed,
we have serious packaging issues with Bundler.

Greg

路路路 On 6 April 2012 12:01, Florian Koch wrote: > Hi, > > i take a look at your module and i think its not the right way to install > latest foreman / proxy. > Maybe the better solution is to provide nightly builds for debian / redhat, > so the installer can be much simpler. > > rgds Florian

>Some people will always want to install the latest Git version. This
>is an attempt to cater to that need. I'm not suggesting removing
>package support (if I had, it would have made writing the modules much
>easier :P).

yes that is right, currently i am one of the people with git installs, but
is this really needed in the installer for the "normal" user??

i think the installer should as simple as possible so "normal" users can
install. The user who install via git (i assume they are user with more
knowledge) can use the description in the wiki.

I think the main question is which problem the installer should solve.

Don't get me wrong, i like the possibility to <http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&p=_xpAA&search=possibility&trestr=0x8001>install foreman via git, but i also think the "normal" way should be rpm /
deb, and if the installer supports git , things gets to complicated.

>I'd love to see the nightlies updated, but as has been much discussed,
>we have serious packaging issues with Bundler.
thats also right but a different problem.

rgds Florian

>
> > Hi,
> >
> > i take a look at your module and i think its not the right way to install
> > latest foreman / proxy.
> > Maybe the better solution is to provide nightly builds for debian /
> redhat,
> > so the installer can be much simpler.
> >
> > rgds Florian
>
> Some people will always want to install the latest Git version. This
> is an attempt to cater to that need. I'm not suggesting removing
> package support (if I had, it would have made writing the modules much
> easier :P).
>
> I'd love to see the nightlies updated, but as has been much discussed,
> we have serious packaging issues with Bundler.
>
> Greg
>
>
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > i take a look at your module and i think its not the right way to install
> > latest foreman / proxy.
> > Maybe the better solution is to provide nightly builds for debian /
> redhat,
> > so the installer can be much simpler.
> >
> > rgds Florian
>
> Some people will always want to install the latest Git version. This
> is an attempt to cater to that need. I'm not suggesting removing
> package support (if I had, it would have made writing the modules much
> easier :P).'d love to see the nightlies updated, but as has been much
> discussed,
> we have serious packaging issues with Bundler.
>
Greg

路路路 Am Freitag, 6. April 2012 13:12:12 UTC+2 schrieb Greg Sutcliffe: > On 6 April 2012 12:01, Florian Koch > wrote: Am Freitag, 6. April 2012 13:12:12 UTC+2 schrieb Greg Sutcliffe: > On 6 April 2012 12:01, Florian Koch > wrote: > > Am Freitag, 6. April 2012 13:12:12 UTC+2 schrieb Greg Sutcliffe: > > On 6 April 2012 12:01, Florian Koch > wrote: > > Hi, > > > > i take a look at your module and i think its not the right way to install > > latest foreman / proxy. > > Maybe the better solution is to provide nightly builds for debian / > redhat, > > so the installer can be much simpler. > > > > rgds Florian > > Some people will always want to install the latest Git version. This > is an attempt to cater to that need. I'm not suggesting removing > package support (if I had, it would have made writing the modules much > easier :P). > > I'd love to see the nightlies updated, but as has been much discussed, > we have serious packaging issues with Bundler. > > Greg > > Am Freitag, 6. April 2012 13:12:12 UTC+2 schrieb Greg Sutcliffe: > > On 6 April 2012 12:01, Florian Koch > wrote: > > Hi, > > > > i take a look at your module and i think its not the right way to install > > latest foreman / proxy. > > Maybe the better solution is to provide nightly builds for debian / > redhat, > > so the installer can be much simpler. > > > > rgds Florian > > Some people will always want to install the latest Git version. This > is an attempt to cater to that need. I'm not suggesting removing > package support (if I had, it would have made writing the modules much > easier :P). > > I'd love to see the nightlies updated, but as has been much discussed, > we have serious packaging issues with Bundler. > > Greg > > Am Freitag, 6. April 2012 13:12:12 UTC+2 schrieb Greg Sutcliffe: > > On 6 April 2012 12:01, Florian Koch > wrote: > > Hi, > > > > i take a look at your module and i think its not the right way to install > > latest foreman / proxy. > > Maybe the better solution is to provide nightly builds for debian / > redhat, > > so the installer can be much simpler. > > > > rgds Florian > > Some people will always want to install the latest Git version. This > is an attempt to cater to that need. I'm not suggesting removing > package support (if I had, it would have made writing the modules much > easier :P). > > I'd love to see the nightlies updated, but as has been much discussed, > we have serious packaging issues with Bundler. > > Greg > > Am Freitag, 6. April 2012 13:12:12 UTC+2 schrieb Greg Sutcliffe: > > On 6 April 2012 12:01, Florian Koch > wrote: > > Hi, > > > > i take a look at your module and i think its not the right way to install > > latest foreman / proxy. > > Maybe the better solution is to provide nightly builds for debian / > redhat, > > so the installer can be much simpler. > > > > rgds Florian > > Some people will always want to install the latest Git version. This > is an attempt to cater to that need. I'm not suggesting removing > package support (if I had, it would have made writing the modules much > easier :P). > > I'd love to see the nightlies updated, but as has been much discussed, > we have serious packaging issues with Bundler. > > Greg > > Am Freitag, 6. April 2012 13:12:12 UTC+2 schrieb Greg Sutcliffe: > > On 6 April 2012 12:01, Florian Koch > wrote: > > Hi, > > > > i take a look at your module and i think its not the right way to install > > latest foreman / proxy. > > Maybe the better solution is to provide nightly builds for debian / > redhat, > > so the installer can be much simpler. > > > > rgds Florian > > Some people will always want to install the latest Git version. This > is an attempt to cater to that need. I'm not suggesting removing > package support (if I had, it would have made writing the modules much > easier :P). > > I'd love to see the nightlies updated, but as has been much discussed, > we have serious packaging issues with Bundler. > > Greg > > Am Freitag, 6. April 2012 13:12:12 UTC+2 schrieb Greg Sutcliffe: > > On 6 April 2012 12:01, Florian Koch > wrote: > > Hi, > > > > i take a look at your module and i think its not the right way to install > > latest foreman / proxy. > > Maybe the better solution is to provide nightly builds for debian / > redhat, > > so the installer can be much simpler. > > > > rgds Florian > > Some people will always want to install the latest Git version. This > is an attempt to cater to that need. I'm not suggesting removing > package support (if I had, it would have made writing the modules much > easier :P). > > I'd love to see the nightlies updated, but as has been much discussed, > we have serious packaging issues with Bundler. > > Greg > > Am Freitag, 6. April 2012 13:12:12 UTC+2 schrieb Greg Sutcliffe: > > On 6 April 2012 12:01, Florian Koch > wrote: > > Hi, > > > > i take a look at your module and i think its not the right way to install > > latest foreman / proxy. > > Maybe the better solution is to provide nightly builds for debian / > redhat, > > so the installer can be much simpler. > > > > rgds Florian > > Some people will always want to install the latest Git version. This > is an attempt to cater to that need. I'm not suggesting removing > package support (if I had, it would have made writing the modules much > easier :P). > > I'd love to see the nightlies updated, but as has been much discussed, > we have serious packaging issues with Bundler. > > Greg > > Am Freitag, 6. April 2012 13:12:12 UTC+2 schrieb Greg Sutcliffe: > > On 6 April 2012 12:01, Florian Koch > wrote: > > Hi, > > > > i take a look at your module and i think its not the right way to install > > latest foreman / proxy. > > Maybe the better solution is to provide nightly builds for debian / > redhat, > > so the installer can be much simpler. > > > > rgds Florian > > Some people will always want to install the latest Git version. This > is an attempt to cater to that need. I'm not suggesting removing > package support (if I had, it would have made writing the modules much > easier :P). > > I'd love to see the nightlies updated, but as has been much discussed, > we have serious packaging issues with Bundler. > > Greg > > Am Freitag, 6. April 2012 13:12:12 UTC+2 schrieb Greg Sutcliffe: > > On 6 April 2012 12:01, Florian Koch > wrote: > > Hi, > > > > i take a look at your module and i think its not the right way to install > > latest foreman / proxy. > > Maybe the better solution is to provide nightly builds for debian / > redhat, > > so the installer can be much simpler. > > > > rgds Florian > > Some people will always want to install the latest Git version. This > is an attempt to cater to that need. I'm not suggesting removing > package support (if I had, it would have made writing the modules much > easier :P). > > I'd love to see the nightlies updated, but as has been much discussed, > we have serious packaging issues with Bundler. > > Greg > > Am Freitag, 6. April 2012 13:12:12 UTC+2 schrieb Greg Sutcliffe: > > On 6 April 2012 12:01, Florian Koch > wrote: > > Hi, > > > > i take a look at your module and i think its not the right way to install > > latest foreman / proxy. > > Maybe the better solution is to provide nightly builds for debian / > redhat, > > so the installer can be much simpler. > > > > rgds Florian > > Some people will always want to install the latest Git version. This > is an attempt to cater to that need. I'm not suggesting removing > package support (if I had, it would have made writing the modules much > easier :P). > > I'd love to see the nightlies updated, but as has been much discussed, > we have serious packaging issues with Bundler. > > Greg > > Am Freitag, 6. April 2012 13:12:12 UTC+2 schrieb Greg Sutcliffe: > > On 6 April 2012 12:01, Florian Koch > wrote: > > Hi, > > > > i take a look at your module and i think its not the right way to install > > latest foreman / proxy. > > Maybe the better solution is to provide nightly builds for debian / > redhat, > > so the installer can be much simpler. > > > > rgds Florian > > Some people will always want to install the latest Git version. This > is an attempt to cater to that need. I'm not suggesting removing > package support (if I had, it would have made writing the modules much > easier :P). > > I'd love to see the nightlies updated, but as has been much discussed, > we have serious packaging issues with Bundler. > > Greg > >