@host.puppetmaster is empty

Hi,

When I use a unattended and check the @host.puppetmaster variable I don't get a value back. I set a name in smart-proxy and all things seems work fine. I read here that normally the name will be retrieved from the smart proxy url.

https://foreman.example.com:8443

When I try a <%= @host.puppetmaster %> I get no value. When I try a @host.name I get a value.

What is wrong where I can check the code or why it will not retrieve it correctly?

Thanks for help Sven

> When I try a <%= @host.puppetmaster %> I get no value. When I try a @host.name I get a value.

Try to refresh features on the proxy. Does it have Puppet feature on? Is
it correctly bound to the subnet you use?

··· -- Later, Lukas #lzap Zapletal

Hi Lukas,

what means "refresh"? yes subnet seems okay.

where i should refresh in provisioning?

thanks

Sven

··· Am Freitag, 16. Januar 2015 12:23:49 UTC+1 schrieb Lukas Zapletal: > > > When I try a <%= @host.puppetmaster %> I get no value. When I try a @ > host.name I get a value. > > Try to refresh features on the proxy. Does it have Puppet feature on? Is > it correctly bound to the subnet you use? > > -- > Later, > Lukas #lzap Zapletal >
  1. is it maybe a problem that /etc/foreman-proxy/settings.d/puppet.yml -->
    :puppet: false ?

2. i tryed to activate it with foreman-installer but it dont work. which
    should be the correct command?

3. why i get a error that /etc/foreman-proxy/settings.d/foreman_proxy.yml
    are not exist?

··· Am Freitag, 16. Januar 2015 12:23:49 UTC+1 schrieb Lukas Zapletal: > > > When I try a <%= @host.puppetmaster %> I get no value. When I try a @ > host.name I get a value. > > Try to refresh features on the proxy. Does it have Puppet feature on? Is > it correctly bound to the subnet you use? > > -- > Later, > Lukas #lzap Zapletal >

i found a solution.

activate the puppet module in proxy server add

foreman-installer --foreman-proxy-puppetrun=true -> its sets
(/etc/foreman-proxy/settings.d/puppet.yml) to true

rescan the proxy an look there are puppet and puppetca, after that then go
to your host group or host recreate and then i see the correct value in
@host.puppetmaster

thanks

Sven