How to change the user agent string for katello

Problem:
We are using a proxy to access the internet. The proxy only allows particular user agent strings. I cannot find any information on which user agent strings are being used by katello. If it is not one of the approved, I would like to be able to change it, or gather that information to get the specific user agent string on the approved list.

Expected outcome:
We need to be able to access the internet using our proxy’s approved user agent strings. We know for sure that the user agent string for browsers works:

“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/72.0.3626.119 Safari/537.36”

Foreman and Proxy versions:
katello-3.8.1-1.el7.noarch

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Distribution and version:

Other relevant data:

IMHO this is a bad practice and applications shouldn’t pretend to be browsers. That said, we don’t really set the user agent at all (except in the RSS poller) which also isn’t great because then we depend on the built in ones.

Hmm… I am not quite sure then how to fix this issue. The Network Engineers say the connections are being allowed. From the CLI we can verify it is being allowed, but only if we use a specific user agent string.