How to run with multiple PRs simultaneously?

I have a bit o' something[1] in my .gitconfig that lets me "git checkout
pr/1234". However more and more frequently I need to not only be working
with multiple unmerged PRs but also work on my own PR. How are others doing
this? If you could share the entire flow (up to including pushing your own
branch to open a PR against master with), that would be great.

[1] .gitconfig
[remote "origin"]
fetch = +refs/pull//head:refs/remotes/origin/pr/
fetch = +refs/pull//head:refs/remotes/origin/pr/

I'm using small script [1]

e.g.
rpr 123 # aka review PR #123
rpr 456 # adds second PR on top op 123

If pwd is git repo it finds info about origin, finds the PR, adds remote if
it's missing, creates a branch and cherry-pick the PR commit. If it found
database.yml it triggers db backup. Never tested out of my environment. If you
symlink rrpr and crp you have two more mode of operations, rrpr (revert review
pull request) is for returning back to original branch and optionally
restoring the db backup, crp (cherry-pick) is for merging in upstream clone.

It requires rest-client.

[1] https://github.com/ares/reviewer

··· On pondělí 19. prosince 2016 16:32:14 CET Tom McKay wrote: > I have a bit o' something[1] in my .gitconfig that lets me "git checkout > pr/1234". However more and more frequently I need to not only be working > with multiple unmerged PRs but also work on my own PR. How are others doing > this? If you could share the entire flow (up to including pushing your own > branch to open a PR against master with), that would be great. > > > [1] .gitconfig > [remote "origin"] > fetch = +refs/pull/*/head:refs/remotes/origin/pr/* > fetch = +refs/pull/*/head:refs/remotes/origin/pr/*

I have a similar script, that accepts PR url, takes information out of
it and creates a branch with the patches.

When I need to work on multiple issues that change db scheme I usually
switch to sqlite and use a simple script that symlinks
development.sqlite and allows me to easily switch between versions of
the db. If the setup is too different or breaking I provision a
separate vm for that.

Also, to make adding dependencies easier, my Gemfile.local files
contain paths to a set of most commonly changing dependencies fenced
with if File.exist? When I need to review some devel dependency that
wasn't released yet, I just checkout the repo and Gemfile.local finds
it.

··· On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 10:45 AM, Marek Hulán wrote: > On pondělí 19. prosince 2016 16:32:14 CET Tom McKay wrote: >> I have a bit o' something[1] in my .gitconfig that lets me "git checkout >> pr/1234". However more and more frequently I need to not only be working >> with multiple unmerged PRs but also work on my own PR. How are others doing >> this? If you could share the entire flow (up to including pushing your own >> branch to open a PR against master with), that would be great. >> >> >> [1] .gitconfig >> [remote "origin"] >> fetch = +refs/pull/*/head:refs/remotes/origin/pr/* >> fetch = +refs/pull/*/head:refs/remotes/origin/pr/* > > I'm using small script [1] > > e.g. > rpr 123 # aka review PR #123 > rpr 456 # adds second PR on top op 123 > > If pwd is git repo it finds info about origin, finds the PR, adds remote if > it's missing, creates a branch and cherry-pick the PR commit. If it found > database.yml it triggers db backup. Never tested out of my environment. If you > symlink rrpr and crp you have two more mode of operations, rrpr (revert review > pull request) is for returning back to original branch and optionally > restoring the db backup, crp (cherry-pick) is for merging in upstream clone. > > It requires rest-client. > > [1] https://github.com/ares/reviewer > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "foreman-dev" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to foreman-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.