Import environments from different puppet masters

Problem:
hosts:
foreman server and puppet master = foreman
secondary puppet master = pptwin

In the past, we always used only one puppet master for importing classes and environments to our foreman server. We recently started using puppet on Windows as well and wanted to split the environment/classes used for Linux from our existing puppet master (foreman) and our new environments/classes which we will use for windows. That’s why we created a secondary puppet master (pptwin). Pptwin is added as a proxy to our foreman server.
Our problem is, that each time that we try to import classes from pptwin, that it asks us if we want to delete all the environments that are present on foreman. As I read in the doc: “Note that if the environment doesn’t exist on the Puppet master and you subsequently run an import (above), Foreman will prompt for the environment to be deleted.”
So I see that this is expected behaviour. Nonetheless, I wanted to ask you if there is a possibility to get around this problem other than synchronizing the /etc/puppetlabs/code on both puppetmasters. We would like to achieve this, to prevent accidental removal of environments/classes.

Any pointers are much appreciated :slight_smile:

Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman 1.18
Proxy: 1.18