Update from today's testing… many thanks to Evgeni for his help!
There are 3 apps listed on the v2 platform:
I don't think this is in active use, but if it's still needed, we can
add it to the migration list. No action taken so far.
We got this running on v3 without too much effort. I updated the
webhook in foreman_templates to test against the new URL and saw a post
from GitHub in the logs, things seemed to happen.
We think this is ready for larger testing - ideally we'd like to use
Foreman core as lots happens there. Process would be to alter the url
of the webhook to the new processor and let it run for a day or two to
check all is fine. We can then look at updating the webhooks on all the
configured repos (there is a script to do this in the codebase).
There are some small niggle to figure out as part of that, such as
getting a sensible custom url, and making cron work. we're confident we
can get that running.
Does anyone have concerns over enabling this in a few days time on
foreman/foreman for testing? I'll notify again before I do so, just in
Obviously more complex, but initial tests have gone well. We got Psql
and Redmine (from our fork, with a few extra patches) running, db
migrated (clean, not a copy of ours), and could see the web interface.
Cron will also need enabling here (as above) and outgoing email needs
testing too, but so far it's promising.
We're requesting more resources to our account so that we can try a
larger test, and I'll update again once that's done. I *think we may be
able to run them side-by-side for a bit, which will allow some user
load testing - this is important as we have to move up to Ruby 2.2 or
2.3 as part of this (v2 is on 1.9.3), so making sure nothing subtle is
broken will help.
So far so good. Thanks again to Evgeni for the help!