Install loop after upgrade to 3.4

Hi all,

I've just upgraded katello 3.2 to 3.4.
Now when I create a new Host on VMWare using a bootdisk, it enters a
loop, when the host reboots the installation starts all over again.

Should I roll back the update or there's something I could fix?

Thanks!

··· -- nuno

I have the same issue, no solutions yet…

··· Am Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2017 11:09:56 UTC+2 schrieb Nuno Marques: > > Hi all, > > I've just upgraded katello 3.2 to 3.4. > Now when I create a new Host on VMWare using a bootdisk, it enters a > loop, when the host reboots the installation starts all over again. > > Should I roll back the update or there's something I could fix? > > Thanks! > > -- > nuno > >

What I'm doing right now is: a few minutes after the host starts
installing I cancel the build. The host finishes the installation and
doesn't start another.

··· On 01-06-2017 09:47, Denis Müller wrote: > I have the same issue, no solutions yet... > > Am Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2017 11:09:56 UTC+2 schrieb Nuno Marques: > > Hi all, > > I've just upgraded katello 3.2 to 3.4. > Now when I create a new Host on VMWare using a bootdisk, it enters a > loop, when the host reboots the installation starts all over again. > > Should I roll back the update or there's something I could fix? > > Thanks! > > -- > nuno >

as a stupid workaround, after host was built, i'm shutting it down, set
first boot device to hdd and cancel build in foreman.

··· Am Donnerstag, 1. Juni 2017 12:04:39 UTC+2 schrieb Nuno Marques: > > What I'm doing right now is: a few minutes after the host starts > installing I cancel the build. The host finishes the installation and > doesn't start another. > > On 01-06-2017 09:47, Denis Müller wrote: > > I have the same issue, no solutions yet... > > Am Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2017 11:09:56 UTC+2 schrieb Nuno Marques: >> >> Hi all, >> >> I've just upgraded katello 3.2 to 3.4. >> Now when I create a new Host on VMWare using a bootdisk, it enters a >> loop, when the host reboots the installation starts all over again. >> >> Should I roll back the update or there's something I could fix? >> >> Thanks! >> >> -- >> nuno >> >> >

Same issue here after 3.3 to 3.4 Upgrade. I normally wouldn’t but since we’re running in production and waited this long to be cautious… bump.

We changed foreman_url behavior in core, you need to correct your templates, change this to foreman_url("provision"). Can’t find the commit tho, but try it.

Lukáš,
We sincerely appreciate the hint. I compared our custom kickstart
template to the one that came out-of-the-box (Kickstart default) and the
difference is below for future people looking for help:

foreman_url
is now
foreman_url(‘built’)

2 Likes