Is it possible to delete a node without deleting the VM?

I have a few orphan nodes in theforeman that were renamed or moved and now
i have two entries in them - one that is managed and another that is
unmanaged.

Is it possible to delete the bad entry without deleting the VM? as it
appears if i try and delete either one, it always tries to delete the VM,
i'd honestly be fine with removing both and re-populating the details by
running puppet…

This feature ("disassociation") will be in Foreman 1.5. In the meantime
you'd have to edit the database (e.g. sudo -u foreman psql) and set
"uuid" and "compute_resource_id" to NULL in the hosts table for that
individual host. Please take a backup first!

http://theforeman.org/manuals/1.4/index.html#5.5.1Backup

··· On 19/02/14 19:36, Byron Miller wrote: > I have a few orphan nodes in theforeman that were renamed or moved and > now i have two entries in them - one that is managed and another that is > unmanaged. > > Is it possible to delete the bad entry without deleting the VM? as it > appears if i try and delete either one, it always tries to delete the > VM, i'd honestly be fine with removing both and re-populating the > details by running puppet..

Dominic Cleal
Red Hat Engineering

Fantastic news Dominic, you guys are really kicking ass on this project :slight_smile:
Thanks!

··· On Thursday, February 20, 2014 2:56:37 AM UTC-6, Dominic Cleal wrote: > > On 19/02/14 19:36, Byron Miller wrote: > > I have a few orphan nodes in theforeman that were renamed or moved and > > now i have two entries in them - one that is managed and another that is > > unmanaged. > > > > Is it possible to delete the bad entry without deleting the VM? as it > > appears if i try and delete either one, it always tries to delete the > > VM, i'd honestly be fine with removing both and re-populating the > > details by running puppet.. > > This feature ("disassociation") will be in Foreman 1.5. In the meantime > you'd have to edit the database (e.g. sudo -u foreman psql) and set > "uuid" and "compute_resource_id" to NULL in the hosts table for that > individual host. Please take a backup first! > > http://theforeman.org/manuals/1.4/index.html#5.5.1Backup > > -- > Dominic Cleal > Red Hat Engineering >