Issues with foreman installation when enabling Remote execution plugin

Problem:
I am new to foreman and trying to setup Remote job execution plugin with fresh installation of Foreman. Installation is failing with below errors.

Cannot create /var/lib/foreman-proxy/ssh; parent directory /var/lib/foreman-proxy does not exist
/Service[foreman-proxy]: Failed to call refresh: Systemd restart for foreman-proxy failed!

Command used to install foreman - foreman-installer --enable-foreman-plugin-remote-execution --enable-foreman-proxy-plugin-remote-execution-ssh

Expected outcome:
Successful installation of foreman, foreman-proxy and remote job execution plugin
Foreman and Proxy versions:
foreman version 1.24
Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:
Remote Execution Plugin 1.7 followed

Distribution and version:

Ubuntu 16.04

Hello,

that should of course work out of the box. What is weird thoug his your remote execution proxy plugin version, in 1.24 it should be 0.2.1. I don’t have ubuntu at hand to see, if the newer version of package is missing there. Perhaps @aruzicka knows more.

I tried to install it on a fresh box and run into a different set of issues, such as Foreman 1.21/1.22 - Ubuntu 18.04 - Incompatible dependencies versions for ssh remote execution plugin (Bug #27097: foreman-proxy not launching because of 'uninitialized constant ForemanTasksCore::TaskLauncher' - foreman-tasks - Foreman) . However I failed to reproduce the /var/lib/foreman-proxy does not exist issue.

Currently Ansible and REX from Foreman on Debian/Ubuntu suffer from concurrent ruby packaging issues and it is practically impossible to get the current versions there (see Foreman Proxy won't start due to ruby load error (Concurrent::Edge::Future)). You might be able to get some older version working, but your mileage may vary. The safer bet would be to use an EL-based instead of debian based one, where this should work without any hiccups out of the box. Hope it is a viable option for you