Katello 3.14 Upgrade - SUSE Content Plugin in version 1.8.0 missing?

Problem:
Missing SUSE Content Plugin 1.8.0 in Katello 3.14 repo?

Expected outcome:
Plugin “tfm-rubygem-foreman_scc_manager” in version 1.8.0 is available in repo like in the documentation described.

Foreman Version: 1.24
Katello Version: 3.14
Plugin Version: 1.8.0

Foreman and Proxy versions:

Distribution and version:
CentOS7

I can only find the plugin in version
tfm-rubygem-foreman_scc_manager-1.7.0-2.fm1_24.el7.noarch
in the repo.
https://fedorapeople.org/groups/katello/releases/yum/3.14/katello/el7/x86_64/

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

looks like the plugin was not added to the repository in the correct version.
1.8.0 is currently only available in nightly or (probably the better solution) in koji from what I’ve seen. This has happened before, and I had no problem installing the koji build back then (was another version pairing, but still). Maybe @m-bucher or @x9c4 can have a look at this? Afaik they have done the version bumping of that plugin in the past.

Regards

Hello,

I tried to install the package from the nightly repo. I am getting the following dependency error.

[root@server ~]# yum install tfm-rubygem-foreman_scc_manager-1.8.0-3.fm2_0.el7.noarch.rpm
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Examining tfm-rubygem-foreman_scc_manager-1.8.0-3.fm2_0.el7.noarch.rpm: tfm-rubygem-foreman_scc_manager-1.8.0-3.fm2_0.el7.noarch
Marking tfm-rubygem-foreman_scc_manager-1.8.0-3.fm2_0.el7.noarch.rpm as an update to tfm-rubygem-foreman_scc_manager-1.7.0-2.fm1_24.el7.noarch
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package tfm-rubygem-foreman_scc_manager.noarch 0:1.7.0-2.fm1_24.el7 will be updated
---> Package tfm-rubygem-foreman_scc_manager.noarch 0:1.8.0-3.fm2_0.el7 will be an update
--> Processing Dependency: tfm-rubygem(rails) < 6 for package: tfm-rubygem-foreman_scc_manager-1.8.0-3.fm2_0.el7.noarch
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
 * base: mirror.checkdomain.de
 * centos-sclo-rh: mirror.fra10.de.leaseweb.net
 * centos-sclo-sclo: mirror.alpha-labs.net
 * epel: mirror.nextlayer.at
 * extras: mirror.softaculous.com
 * updates: mirror.netcologne.de
--> Processing Dependency: tfm-rubygem(rails) >= 5.1 for package: tfm-rubygem-foreman_scc_manager-1.8.0-3.fm2_0.el7.noarch
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: tfm-rubygem-foreman_scc_manager-1.8.0-3.fm2_0.el7.noarch (/tfm-rubygem-foreman_scc_manager-1.8.0-3.fm2_0.el7.noarch)
           Requires: tfm-rubygem(rails) >= 5.1
Error: Package: tfm-rubygem-foreman_scc_manager-1.8.0-3.fm2_0.el7.noarch (/tfm-rubygem-foreman_scc_manager-1.8.0-3.fm2_0.el7.noarch)
           Requires: tfm-rubygem(rails) < 6
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

1.7.0 also still works for Katello 3.14 as far as I know.

I added a PR to add 1.8.0 to rpm/1.24, but got rejected (https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-packaging/pull/4637)

I still think 1.8.0 should work for Katello 3.14, so I did not change the compatibility list.

Plugin version 1.7.0 does not work through proxy server(Katello ver 3.14)
Installing a newer version of SCC from rpm is impossible due to dependency errors.

Will it be fixed?

P.S. Now made a manual update of the package SCC through gem.

Hi,
currently a new 1.7 version of SCC-Manager plugin is not planned.
I will have to look if I can find the time to create one.

But I cannot promise it.

SCC-Manager 1.7.1 has been released and I created a PR in foreman-packaging so it should be available as soon as that is merged (https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-packaging/pull/5102).

1 Like