Centos8, yes. Centos8 STREAM, no.
Can you check in the Postgres database which distribution it is? Instructions are in the other thread.
Note that this creates the pulpcore database using the current locale. In the installer we enforce en_US.UTF-8 and UTF-8 encoding. If your OS locale is en_US.UTF-8 then it’ll be ok but this affects the results of sorting and can cause unexpected behavior.
For example:
$ echo -e "a\nb\nc\nd\nch\nh\ni" | LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 sort
a
b
c
ch
d
h
i
$ echo -e "a\nb\nc\nd\nch\nh\ni" | LC_ALL=cs_CZ.UTF-8 sort
a
b
c
d
h
ch
i
I’d recommend to be explicit
createdb -E UTF-8 -l en_US.UTF-8 pulpcore
@caseybea @gvde since you’re both hitting the same error, mind if we take the remaining discussion over to [ContentMigration] Katello::Errors::Pulp3Error ? I’ll be looking for potentially-related Pulp 3 bugs.
Absolutely. Maybe you can change the subject of that topic? “Katello::Errors::Pulp3Error” is very generic and I cannot change the subject anymore.
I can’t change it either, but hopefully searching for the error you’re both seeing will lead to the thread.