[Katello] Capsule-installer problems on Katello 2.2.2

Hi Folks!

I'm having some problems with the Capsule-installer for Katello 2.2.2.
It's on CentOS 6.6 using Puppet 3.8.1 (although I also had the same
problem with Puppet 3.7.5).

Background: I'm installing both the Katello Server and the Capsule from a
custom rolled CentOS 6.6 ISO, using kickstarts to deploy the packages
necessary for either the Katello role or the capsule role. The Katello
server installs fine, and then I re-configure it for the correct
configuration/environment by running the katello installer with the correct
paramters as well as --reset.

Using the same methodology, the capsule-installer will not configure
correctly. It throws off errors, then fails.

The errors are as follows (–verbose --verbose-log-leve=all):

[DEBUG 2015-07-15 15:54:42 verbose] Creating default schedules
[ERROR 2015-07-15 15:54:42 verbose] Could not find filebucket specified
in backup

That I've traced the 'backup' back to the concat module in
/usr/share/katello-installer/modules/concat. Setting the backup variable
to false in that modules' init.pp does not eliminate that problem either;
it still complains that "Could not find filebucket specified in backup"

The default schedules just looks like part of the test harness; might be a
red herring.

[capsule-server modules]# grep -r "Creating default schedules" *
foreman/spec/static_fixtures/report-2.6.2-debug.yaml: message:
Creating default schedules
foreman/spec/static_fixtures/report-format-1.yaml: message: Creating
default schedules

The other errors, likely derived from the first "filebucket" one, are:

[ INFO 2015-07-15 15:54:42 verbose] Puppet has finished, bye!
[ INFO 2015-07-15 15:54:42 verbose] Executing hooks in group post
[DEBUG 2015-07-15 15:54:42 verbose] Hook
/usr/share/katello-installer/hooks/post/30-upgrade.rb returned nil
Something went wrong! Check the log for ERROR-level output
The full log is at /var/log/capsule-installer/capsule-installer.log
[DEBUG 2015-07-15 15:54:42 verbose] Hook
/usr/share/katello-installer/hooks/post/10-post_install.rb returned nil
[ INFO 2015-07-15 15:54:42 verbose] All hooks in group post finished
[DEBUG 2015-07-15 15:54:42 verbose] Exit with status code: 1 (signal was 1)
[ERROR 2015-07-15 15:54:42 verbose] Repeating errors encountered during run:
[ERROR 2015-07-15 15:54:42 verbose] Could not find filebucket specified
in backup

This might be related to the (future?) switch to concat_native from the
foreman concat module; not sure. Does anyone have any suggestions to
debug, fix, or work-around this? I've also tried setting file backup to
false in the global manifests.pp, but it doesn't look like the system's
puppet configuration is used at all by the capsule-installer.

I've also noticed that trying to run the capsule-installer with --reset has
it complaining about not being able to reach postgres or drop the postgres
DB, so that should probably be disabled in the capsule modules (no postgres
on a capsule).

Thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas!

/Mike

Hi,

I had the same issue this week. I think I solved editing the file:
/usr/share/katello-installer/modules/pulp/manifests/child/fragment.pp

This is the bug report with the info:
http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/11041

Best Regards,

Joaquin

··· On Thursday, July 16, 2015 at 12:16:52 AM UTC+7, mkb...@solutionsathand.ca wrote: > > Hi Folks! > > I'm having some problems with the Capsule-installer for Katello 2.2.2. > It's on CentOS 6.6 using Puppet 3.8.1 (although I also had the same > problem with Puppet 3.7.5). > > Background: I'm installing both the Katello Server and the Capsule from a > custom rolled CentOS 6.6 ISO, using kickstarts to deploy the packages > necessary for either the Katello role or the capsule role. The Katello > server installs fine, and then I re-configure it for the correct > configuration/environment by running the katello installer with the correct > paramters as well as --reset. > > Using the same methodology, the capsule-installer will not configure > correctly. It throws off errors, then fails. > > The errors are as follows (--verbose --verbose-log-leve=all): > > [DEBUG 2015-07-15 15:54:42 verbose] Creating default schedules > [ERROR 2015-07-15 15:54:42 verbose] Could not find filebucket specified > in backup > > That I've traced the 'backup' back to the concat module in > /usr/share/katello-installer/modules/concat. Setting the backup variable > to false in that modules' init.pp does not eliminate that problem either; > it still complains that "Could not find filebucket specified in backup" > > The default schedules just looks like part of the test harness; might be a > red herring. > > [capsule-server modules]# grep -r "Creating default schedules" * > foreman/spec/static_fixtures/report-2.6.2-debug.yaml: message: > Creating default schedules > foreman/spec/static_fixtures/report-format-1.yaml: message: Creating > default schedules > > > The other errors, likely derived from the first "filebucket" one, are: > > [ INFO 2015-07-15 15:54:42 verbose] Puppet has finished, bye! > [ INFO 2015-07-15 15:54:42 verbose] Executing hooks in group post > [DEBUG 2015-07-15 15:54:42 verbose] Hook > /usr/share/katello-installer/hooks/post/30-upgrade.rb returned nil > Something went wrong! Check the log for ERROR-level output > The full log is at /var/log/capsule-installer/capsule-installer.log > [DEBUG 2015-07-15 15:54:42 verbose] Hook > /usr/share/katello-installer/hooks/post/10-post_install.rb returned nil > [ INFO 2015-07-15 15:54:42 verbose] All hooks in group post finished > [DEBUG 2015-07-15 15:54:42 verbose] Exit with status code: 1 (signal was 1) > [ERROR 2015-07-15 15:54:42 verbose] Repeating errors encountered during > run: > [ERROR 2015-07-15 15:54:42 verbose] Could not find filebucket specified > in backup > > This might be related to the (future?) switch to concat_native from the > foreman concat module; not sure. Does anyone have any suggestions to > debug, fix, or work-around this? I've also tried setting file backup to > false in the global manifests.pp, but it doesn't look like the system's > puppet configuration is used at all by the capsule-installer. > > I've also noticed that trying to run the capsule-installer with --reset > has it complaining about not being able to reach postgres or drop the > postgres DB, so that should probably be disabled in the capsule modules (no > postgres on a capsule). > > Thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas! > > /Mike > >

Joaquin,

Thanks for the information! I applied all the changes in the bug report
you indicated, with no joy unfortunately.

It's still bombing on the "Could not find filebucket specified in backup".
I tried moving the concat_native out of the way (to force it to use the
puppetlabs concat instead), however that caused the qpid module to bomb (as
it still references concat_native type concat_build).

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

/Mike

··· On Friday, July 17, 2015 at 2:36:30 AM UTC-4, Joaquín Fernández Llamas wrote: > > Hi, > > I had the same issue this week. I think I solved editing the file: > /usr/share/katello-installer/modules/pulp/manifests/child/fragment.pp > > This is the bug report with the info: > http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/11041 > > > Best Regards, > > Joaquin > >> >>

Hi there,

although it seems that Mikes problem does not get solved by the patch, I
just wanted to report, that applying the differences described here:
https://github.com/Katello/katello-installer/pull/237/files to the files in
/usr/share/katello-installer fixed the problem for me…

Cheers,
Matthias

··· Am Montag, 20. Juli 2015 15:33:24 UTC+2 schrieb mkb...@solutionsathand.ca: > > Joaquin, > > Thanks for the information! I applied all the changes in the bug report > you indicated, with no joy unfortunately. > > It's still bombing on the "Could not find filebucket specified in backup". > I tried moving the concat_native out of the way (to force it to use the > puppetlabs concat instead), however that caused the qpid module to bomb (as > it still references concat_native type concat_build). > > Any other ideas? > > Thanks! > > /Mike > > > On Friday, July 17, 2015 at 2:36:30 AM UTC-4, Joaquín Fernández Llamas > wrote: >> >> Hi, >> >> I had the same issue this week. I think I solved editing the file: >> /usr/share/katello-installer/modules/pulp/manifests/child/fragment.pp >> >> This is the bug report with the info: >> http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/11041 >> >> >> Best Regards, >> >> Joaquin >> >>> >>>

Thanks for replying Matthias!

I'm starting to test Katello 2.3 RC now that it's hit the RC stage. I was
able to get the capsule to install, so I'm going to just keep testing 2.3
to see how it goes.

Thanks!

/Mike

··· On Tuesday, July 21, 2015 at 3:03:06 AM UTC-4, Matthias Thubauville wrote: > > Hi there, > > although it seems that Mikes problem does not get solved by the patch, I > just wanted to report, that applying the differences described here: > https://github.com/Katello/katello-installer/pull/237/files to the files > in /usr/share/katello-installer fixed the problem for me... > > Cheers, > Matthias > >> >>>>