Katello-foreman installation

Hello,

I did katello-foreman-all installation on my host, now i am trying to
configure foreman-proxy, looks like port 8443 is occupied by tomcat6, i
changed it to 8444 in /etc/foreman-porxy/settings.yml file … now i am able
to start foreman-proxy service…

I have DNS configured in my environment and i want to configure DHCP and
tftp now also want to configure puppet master …

can you guide me how to proceed now ? the documents on foreman site are not
much helpful … i do not have puppet-server installed with katello
installer …

what should be my next steps to configure DHCP now and later puppet master ?

Appreciate some help on this.

Regards,
Dj

Hello,

··· > > I did katello-foreman-all installation on my host, now i am trying to > configure foreman-proxy, looks like port 8443 is occupied by tomcat6, i > changed it to 8444 in /etc/foreman-porxy/settings.yml file .. now i am able > to start foreman-proxy service.. > > I have DNS configured in my environment and i want to configure DHCP and > tftp now also want to configure puppet master ... > > can you guide me how to proceed now ? the documents on foreman site are > not much helpful .. i do not have puppet-server installed with katello > installer .... > > what should be my next steps to configure DHCP now and later puppet master > ? > > Appreciate some help on this. > > Regards, > Dj >

Hi,

I have a PR opened for setting the proxy properly with katello-installer.
If your setup will be all-in-one machine (I expect that since you're runing
the smart proxy on the same machine). I should have the PR merged later today.

The usage will be something like:

katello-installer --capsule-dns true $forwarders --capsule-dns-interface virbr1 --capsule-dns-zone example.com --capsule-dhcp true --capsule-dhcp-interface virbr1 --capsule-tftp true --capsule-puppet true --capsule-puppetca true

This will install dns/tftp/dhcp, puppet and puppetca with proxy on the together with katello and foreman
all-in-one box.

I will send more official how-to once we have that in nightlies.

The next step will be support for auto-setup on different box, especially
with setting the certificates properly. We already had code for that,
but needs to be revised to update to latest changes in Katello.

– Ivan

··· ----- Original Message ----- > Hello, > > I did katello-foreman-all installation on my host, now i am trying to > configure foreman-proxy, looks like port 8443 is occupied by tomcat6, i > changed it to 8444 in /etc/foreman-porxy/settings.yml file .. now i am able > to start foreman-proxy service.. > > I have DNS configured in my environment and i want to configure DHCP and > tftp now also want to configure puppet master ... > > can you guide me how to proceed now ? the documents on foreman site are not > much helpful .. i do not have puppet-server installed with katello > installer .... > > what should be my next steps to configure DHCP now and later puppet master ? > > Appreciate some help on this. > > Regards, > Dj > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "foreman-dev" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to foreman-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >

Thank you,

Let me know once you have Documents with you, also i can run
katello-installer after installing katello ? i have already katello up and
running, hope that will not impact anything.

··· On Saturday, 15 February 2014 11:47:05 UTC+5:30, Unix SA wrote: > > Hello, > > I did katello-foreman-all installation on my host, now i am trying to > configure foreman-proxy, looks like port 8443 is occupied by tomcat6, i > changed it to 8444 in /etc/foreman-porxy/settings.yml file .. now i am able > to start foreman-proxy service.. > > I have DNS configured in my environment and i want to configure DHCP and > tftp now also want to configure puppet master ... > > can you guide me how to proceed now ? the documents on foreman site are > not much helpful .. i do not have puppet-server installed with katello > installer .... > > what should be my next steps to configure DHCP now and later puppet master > ? > > Appreciate some help on this. > > Regards, > Dj >