[Katello] Issues with Redhat DataCenter licenses

Hi,

I only have Redhat Datacenter licenses. I am able to load the manifest into
Katello and register my VMs with no problems.

The only problem is that the datacenter licenses does not have any
subscriptions attached. This means I can't get any Repositories from
Redhat. much less sync or use them.

Has anyone else seen similar issues? Is there a way to resolve this?

thanks

I had exactly the same issue with RH Datacentre Visualization licences.

I didn't get a useful response from RH support who basically said "we don't
support Katello even though it is the basis of Sat6 - use SAM".

Sorry to say that in the end I now have a home brew solution using:

• RH SAM/virt-who/RHN for licencing
  • MREPO for repos/isos and kickstart files
  • Ansible for provisioning.

I'll come back and look at Katello post 1.5 when hopefully it will support
the new licencing type from RH which for me are a real pain and very
difficult to use in a VMware environment (I know that RH would prefer RHEV).

Sorry if this doesn't help much, but at least I can tell you that you are
not the only one who has encountered problems.

I'm in the same boat actually. I've been working for the past couple of
days on this. I've been able to successfully register a RHVD license for
the hypervisor but I can't get that license to carry through for virtual
machines on that client.

··· On Tuesday, June 3, 2014 6:02:19 AM UTC-4, pbz wrote: > > Hi, > > I only have Redhat Datacenter licenses. I am able to load the manifest > into Katello and register my VMs with no problems. > > The only problem is that the datacenter licenses does not have any > subscriptions attached. This means I can't get any Repositories from > Redhat. much less sync or use them. > > Has anyone else seen similar issues? Is there a way to resolve this? > > thanks >

Apologies, I missed the original email on the list.

I believe katello-1.4 should be capable of handling the datacenter subscription, though to be honest I haven't tried one myself. If you can send me the SKU I could test later this week. (Please ping me on irc @thomasmckay, if possible, and we can work more quickly.)

Here is the instructions for getting virt-who set up to support guest/host relations: https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Subscription_Asset_Manager/1.2/html/Installation_Guide/chap-Installation_Guide-Virtual_Environments.html

··· ----- Original Message ----- > I had exactly the same issue with RH Datacentre Visualization licences. > > I didn't get a useful response from RH support who basically said "we don't > support Katello even though it is the basis of Sat6 - use SAM". > > Sorry to say that in the end I now have a home brew solution using: > * RH SAM/virt-who/RHN for licencing > * MREPO for repos/isos and kickstart files > * Ansible for provisioning. > > I'll come back and look at Katello post 1.5 when hopefully it will support > the new licencing type from RH which for me are a real pain and very > difficult to use in a VMware environment (I know that RH would prefer RHEV). > > Sorry if this doesn't help much, but at least I can tell you that you are > not the only one who has encountered problems. > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "Foreman users" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to foreman-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > To post to this group, send email to foreman-users@googlegroups.com. > Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >