Katello: Missing Repository although it is enabled in Content Host

Problem: I have enabled (Enabled (overridden) a Repository in the Content host of a Katello client connected via subscription-manager and the host is unable to see this specific repository, it is not visible with “yum repolist”. How can i debug that? It is working on other content hosts with Rocky 8 e.g.

Foreman and Proxy versions: Foreman 3.3.1 / Katello 4.5.1.

Distribution and version: CentOS 7

Hi @thalunil

First thing to check: Is the host assigned to a content view / lifecycle environment? If so, has the content view been published (and promoted if applicable) since the repository was added?

Also check:

Is the repository using Restrict to OS Version or Restrict to Architecture and this does not match the host?

Hi @jeremylenz
I will check these 3 things tomorrow and clear these things up!
thanks for your help so far.

I collected 3 screenshots as answer to your questions.
Anything else?

In the content view version details, is the repository in question listed?

On the host, in /etc/pki/entitlement , if you run rct cat-cert on the .pem file for that product, is the content section missing? (see https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1931027)

i can find the repository in question listed, see screenshot below.

regarding /etc/pki/entitlement: the content section is indeed missing!

Sorry, the screen I was referring to was the Versions tab > (your version number) > then click Repositories on the left. But that’s moot now; since your content section is missing, we’ve found what the problem is.

You’ll need to delete and recreate the affected repository.

Also I recommend upgrading your Katello, since Katello 4.7+ has a rake task you can run that will find any other broken repos.

thanks alot for investigating and helping!
i will do that!

1 Like