katello-nightly-rpm-pipeline 1339 failed

Katello nightly pipeline failed:

https://ci.theforeman.org/job/katello-nightly-rpm-pipeline/1339/

foreman-pipeline-katello-nightly-centos8-stream-upgrade (failed) (remote job)
foreman-pipeline-katello-nightly-centos7-install (failed) (remote job)
foreman-pipeline-katello-nightly-almalinux8-install (failed) (remote job)
foreman-pipeline-katello-nightly-centos8-stream-install (failed) (remote job)
foreman-pipeline-katello-nightly-centos7-upgrade (failed) (remote job)
foreman-pipeline-katello-nightly-almalinux8-upgrade (failed) (remote job)

Hi @ezr-ondrej – there seems to be one overlooked piece of code and use case with the Settings DSL change that needs some help.

There exists a rake task setting well Settings (foreman/config.rake at develop · theforeman/foreman · GitHub) that did not get any updates with the change. This rake task is used in some places by the installer to set configuration information based upon the settings of the installer (puppet-katello/application.pp at master · theforeman/puppet-katello · GitHub).

You can see the manifestation of the bug (as reported by the installer and these failed jobs):

# /usr/sbin/foreman-rake -- config -k 'pulp_client_cert' -v '/etc/pki/katello/certs/pulp-client.crt'

rake aborted!
NoMethodError: undefined method `settings_type' for nil:NilClass
/usr/share/foreman/lib/tasks/config.rake:106:in `block in run_key_values'
/usr/share/foreman/lib/tasks/config.rake:100:in `each'
/usr/share/foreman/lib/tasks/config.rake:100:in `run_key_values'
/usr/share/foreman/lib/tasks/config.rake:77:in `run'
/usr/share/foreman/lib/tasks/config.rake:168:in `block in <top (required)>'
/usr/share/gems/gems/rake-13.0.1/exe/rake:27:in `<top (required)>'
Tasks: TOP => config
(See full trace by running task with --trace)

Can you advise on what the fix should be? I tried to derive the needed updates but couldn’t figure out what I should actually have the code do now.

This error did remind me that this particular case, pulp client certificates, can be cleaned up now. So I opened:

With PRs:

The general problem can still exist as there are other places in the installer and through that rake task that settings are configured.

Happy to help, issue’s with testing - I’ve tested it only on a fresh vanilla install, but I hope I got it right: https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/9250

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.